Chapter 9

Songs for this chapter

Really don't care - Demi Lovato ft. Cher Lloyd

First Date - Blink 182

Through the dark - One Direction

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe I did that.

What if she finds out? What if she hates me? What if she never talks again?

It's only been a few hours since me and Michael made the deal but it feels like ages to be honest. I can't take this anymore, this guilt, even though I haven't even done anything yet.

I've been lying in bed for like an hour now, staring at my phone, not sure if I should text Michael and cancel the whole thing or text Ariana and make plans with her. If I really want to get her talking, if I want her to trust me, I need to spend as much time as possible with her. I sigh and grab my phone to text her.

Hey what are you up to?

I send the message and stare at my background. It's the picture of me and Ariana I took on Tuesday. She really looks happy on it, am I about to ruin our friendship?

I nearly drop my phone when I see Ariana texted me back.

Nothing, I told you I don't do anything when I'm at home ;)

I gasp. That's the first time we actually communicate, the first time she "talks" to me.

You didn't tell me, you never talk, did you forget? ;)

I should invite her over.

I quickly stand up and walk downstairs. "Mum?" No answer. Great, where is she?

I notice Ariana texted me and open the message.

Asshole ;)

I smirk. I've been told that enough times today.

"Mum?", I ask again while I walk outside. I find her sitting in the garden reading a book. "There you are!", I say. She looks up at me, clearly annoyed I interrupted her.

"You don't mind if Ariana comes over, right?", I ask. She sits up and looks at me curiously.

"Who's Ariana?" "My friend." "Oh.. of course I don't mind." "Good, I need to warn you though..", I say. "Why? Is she a punk?! Is she rebellious?!" I laugh and roll my eyes. "Not at all. The thing is just.. she doesn't talk." "Oh? Why not?"

Why does she always have to be that curious?

"Long story, I'll tell you another day", I say before I leave and text Ariana back.

Wanna come over?

After a few seconds she replies.

Oh.. sure, why not. Where do you live?

I quickly text her my address and walk upstairs to change. I can't let her in when I'm only wearing sweat pants.

About half an hour later the bell rings. I quickly get up and run downstairs. "Luke, I think your friend's here", mum says as she comes out of the living room. "Oh, really?", I ask sarcastically and roll my eyes. She slaps my head and leaves me alone again.

I open the door and Ariana smiles at me before walking into the house hesitating. Mum comes out of the living room again and I roll my eyes.

"Oh, hello! You're Anastasia, aren't you?", she smiles. "Ariana!", I tell her annoyed and Ariana giggles. "Oh, sorry. Well, nice to meet you!" Ariana nods and smiling shakes mum's hand. "Okay, enough. Let's go upstairs?", I suggest and Ariana follows me.