Chapter 60

Songs for this chapter

Alone Together - Fall Out Boy

Hurricane - The Vamps

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"One month", Carly sighs. "It's been one month, you should be over her by now."

"How many more times do I need to tell you, I love her! You don't just get over someone you love that easily", I groan and pick at my fries.

"Still, you can't just be in such a bad mood everytime you see her, you're ruining my day", she says annoyed.

"You're in the same class, means you see her everyday. And everyday we need to listen to you talking about how shit your day's been just because you had to spend one hour in the same room as her."

"Then why are you here?", I snap. "Because I'm your friend and I tried to cheer you up but I'm already gone, don't worry", she spits and stands up.

I'm losing everyone. I made one little mistake and now I'm losing everyone.

"No, wait", I sigh. "Please stay."

"I could spend my afternoon otherwise, you know?", she says and crosses her arms in front of her chest. "I don't need to listen to you snapping at me the whole time."

"I'll stop, sorry", I say and try to smile but fail. "Just please don't leave me too."

"Fine", she gives in and sits down again. She stares at me for a few seconds, then she sighs and takes my hand.

"Listen, I know you're going through a hard time but it won't get better if you don't try to get out of this shit. I know you miss her and I know you miss the others but you won't get your friends back from being distant."

"They hate me", I mumble. "Ariana hates me, Calum hates me, Harry hates me, Josh hates me, Dan hates me, Jessie hates me, Drake-"

"Stop it. No one hates you", Carly interrupts me.

"They do", I say frustrated. "My life sucks."

"This is so depressing", Carly sighs. I know it must be annoying as fuck listening to me whine about how bad my life is all day long but I can't help it.

"My life is depressing", I reply. I wish I could just shut up.

"I know", she rolls her eyes. "Everything is shit. Luke Hemmings has it worse than everyone else, right?"

"No", I say quietly. "But I miss her."

"How many more times are you going to tell me that?", Carly asks. "I can't hear it anymore."

"You're my friend, shouldn't you help me instead of complain about me talking about my feelings?", I ask and look at the ground.

"I'm just complaining because you've been telling me the same thing for a month now", Carly replies and grabs one of my fries. "Can I have this?"

"You can have them all, I don't feel like eating anyway", I sigh and push the plate away from me.

"But you need to eat", she frowns. "You've lost a lot of weight, you know that?"

"I don't care", I mumble. "That's not healthy, Luke", Carly tells me. "I said I don't care", I repeat.

I could get hit by a car and wouldn't care. I don't care about anything as long as Ariana isn't with me.

I never thought I could feel like this, especially not after knowing someone for just a few months. But I do. I feel like someone's ripped out my heart.

"Here, just eat a little bit", Carly smiles but I shake my head. "Just a few fries", she pleads.

"I'm not hungry", I mumble. "You know how worried I am, right?", she frowns. "You look so ill."

"Maybe", I shrug and she punches my arm. I raise my eyebrows but don't say anything.

"You don't even feel anything anymore", she says and I laugh dryly. "That wasn't hard."

She punches me again, this time I nearly fall from my chair.

"Are you numb?", she asks as I sit up straight again and stare at her blankly. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"I don't feel anything, I can't help it", I shrug. "You should see a therapist."

"Why?" "This isn't how a normal person acts after a breakup."

"Maybe I'm not normal", I reply and she nods. "Defintely not."

She finishes the fries andtakes a sip of her coke. "Seriously, Luke, this isn't normal", she then says.

"Maybe you should really see a therapist. You're depressed." She's right, I am. But I won't admit it in front of her.

"No, I'm not. I just..", I stop as I spot Calum a few feet behind Carly.

"What's wrong?", she asks and turns around. At that moment Calum notices us. He smiles at Carly, then he gives me a small nod.

"Calum!", Carly shouts and waves him over. Wait, what?

He slowly makes his way over to us, not seeming all too happy.

"Hey, what's up?", he asks her, not looking at me again. "What are you doing here? Don't you wanna sit down?", Carly smiles.

Is she serious? She knows he hates me.

He hasn't talked to me ever since he found out that I promised Steven to go out with Lucy - who hates me as well now.

"I.. Uh..", Calum stutters, obviously looking for a reason why he can't join us.

"You don't need to make up a lie, I understand that you don't wanna hang out with me", I say and look at my feet. I feel his eyes on me but I don't look up.

Suddenly I notice him sitting down next to me. I look at him surprised and he gives me a weak smile.

I notice Carly giving him an assuring nod and sigh. "You shouldn't feel forced to do this", I tell Calum and he raises his eyebrows.

"What do you mean? You think I'm gonna let any of you force me to do anything? I want to sit here", he half grins.

"I thought you hate me?", I ask and he looks at me surprised. "Hate? No, I was mad at you but I don't hate you!"

"Really?", I ask and for the first time in weeks I smile.

"Really", he confirms. "Does that mean we're still friends?" He nods and smiles back.

"Of course. We're still friends."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round of applause for cake *claps all by myself*

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and comment :)

Love all of you awesome people, byee xxxx