Chapter 40

Songs for this chapter

Magic - One Direction

Endlessly - The Cab

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are we really doing this?", Michael asks and laughs.

It's the second November week and we're waiting in front of the cinema for Ariana and Sandy.

"Double dates are weird", he says and looks around. "It was your girlfriend's idea", I tell him and grin. "And your girlfriend agreed", he smirks and I sigh.

"I think they ditched us, seems like we need to go on a date alone", I laugh and he shakes his head. "You're the last one I wanna go on a date with, you can go in there alone", he laughs while I notice Ariana and Sandy coming closer.

They're both carrying shopping bags and seem pretty amused. Ariana's been so happy the past weeks and I never want this to change.

"Finally", Michael shouts and Sandy grins. Seconds later they reach us and Ariana kisses me before she hugs Michael.

"What took you so long? Luke already wanted to take me on a date", Michael tells Ariana and she laughs. "We can leave again if you two wanna be alone", she says and he wrinkles his nose. "Oh god, please not", he says and we all laugh.

"What did you buy?", Michael asks curiously and glances into one of Sandy's bags. "I'll show you later", she smiles and drags him inside. "And what did you buy?", I smile at Ariana. "None of your business", she laughs and follows Sandy and Michael.

"Can I have your girlfriend, mine's rude", I shout after Michael and Ariana turns around grinning. "I love you", she winks and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "I love you too, stupid", I laugh and we make our way over to Michael and Sandy who're waiting in a queue to buy some snacks.

"You can go inside already", Sandy tells us and we do what we've been told. We sit down, ignoring the annoying commercials, and Ariana takes something out of a bag.

"Look, I bought this. You like it?", she asks and shows me a flowery dress. "I bet it will look amazing on you", I tell her and she smiles widely. "Really?", she asks and I nod.

"Everything does", I say and she blushes. "Stop it", she mumbles and quickly puts the dress back into the bag. "Look, my cheeks are heating up, all because you're so cheesy", she giggles and I laugh.

"You should be used to it by now", I reply and she smiles. "Your kindness still overwhelmes me, Mr. Hemmings. I won't ever get used to it", she tells me and I roll my eyes. "You're one weird kid", I tell her and kiss her forehead.

"Runs the family", I hear Michael say as he hands me some popcorn. "Speaking about running the family, Ariana thought about dying her hair", Sandy tells me as she sits down between Michael and Ariana.

"Oh really?", I ask surprised. "Yes, I want red hair", Ariana smirks, I can tell she's joking. "Sorry, that's already my next colour", Michael says and grabs a handful of popcorn.

Wait is he joking as well or is he serious?

While I'm still confused Sandy starts telling a story about her sister but the only one who's actually listening is Michael.

"He was being serious", Ariana whispers into my ear. "Just wait, in a few days he'll come to school with red hair", she giggles and my eyes widen. What the hell is wrong with that boy?

"And you? Do you really wanna dye your hair?", I ask and she laughs. "I felt like doing it earlier, but I don't think I'll really do it", she tells me.

"If you're not listening could you at least shut up?", Michael groans. "Sandy's telling a story."

"It's fine", Sandy laughs and he sighs. "Aw Michael's so protective", Ariana mocks him and I laugh.

"You two are probably the two most annoying people I know, that's why you make such a good couple", Michael rolls his eyes and Ariana high fives me laughing.

"What about my sister?", Sandy grins and he thinks about it for a second before he says, "Okay, she might take the crown."

Sandy and Ariana giggle and Michael wraps his arm around Sandy. Ariana notices it and turns around smirking, expecting me to do the same, before she turns back to Michael and Sandy.

Her back's turned to face me so I wrap my arms around her waist and place my head onto her shoulder, listening to the joke she's telling.

We all start laughing and Michael decides it's his turn to tell one now. I stare at Ariana, noticing the wrinkles by her eyes when she laughs.

She looks to the side and catches me looking at her. "You're so beautiful", I mumble and kiss her.

"Don't kiss my cousin in front of me, that's gross", Michael tells me and I pull away. "A double date was a bad idea", Sandy laughs and Michael nods.

At that moment the movie begins. I don't even know what's it called or what's it about, Ariana and Sandy chose it.

Five minutes into the movie I glance over at Michael and see him yawning. I grin and try to concentrate on the movie but it's boring as fuck.

I pull Ariana a little bit closer and she looks up at me. "I'm bored, can I get a kiss?", I ask and she giggles. "It's not boring!", she tells me and I roll my eyes.

"Just one kiss and I'll put up with the whole movie", I smirk and she leans in. "Are you blackmailing me?", she grins before she presses her lips onto mine. "Maybe", I say as she pulls away and shakes her head laughing.

"Shh!", a girl behind us whispers and I roll my eyes. This movie sucks, they can't really enjoy it?

I look at Michael again and see him trying to get Sandy's attention. "Not now", she mumbles and he sighs before he removes his arm from her. "No, no, put that back", she says and he grins.

As he looks over at me I roll my eyes at the movie and he nods in agreement.

I spend most of the film staring at Ariana. At some point of the movie I notice a tear slipping out of her eye and she lies her head onto my shoulder.

"Don't cry, it's not that bad", I whisper into her ear and she giggles while more tears roll down her cheek.

I glance at Sandy and she's crying as well while Michael looks totally helpless. "What happened? Did she die? Or did he die?", he asks confused and two girls tell him to shut up.

When the movie is finally over we walk outside. Sandy and Ariana keep talking about the movie, how good it was. They can't be serious.

"Longest two hours of my life", Michael sighs and I agree. "I think I fell asleep half way through", I yawn and he laughs.

"Boys", Sandy sighs and Ariana nods. "It was awesome!", she tells us but we just laugh. "Let's face it, it was horrible", Michael grins and I see the girls getting slightly annoyed.

"Whatever, let's grab something to eat", I quickly say and take Ariana's hand. They all agree and we make our way over to McDonald's.

"Even if your taste in movies is horrible, I'm the luckiest guy to have you", I mumble into Ariana's ear as Michael orders our food. She turns around and grins at me, then she says, "I don't ever wanna lose you."

"You won't, that's a promise", I smile. Hopefully I'll never break this promise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, thanks for reading!

I noticed that you all don't seem to dislike the story as much as I do and it makes me really happy :)

The next chapter is up as soon as this one reachs 115 votes :)

Bye :) xx