Chapter 57

Songs for this chapter

Ain't it fun - Paramore

Give your heart a break - Demi Lovato

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why would he take out your sister?", Calum asks confused.

"We made a deal", Steven replies and Calum balls his fists.

"Seriously, Luke?!", he says angrily. "What the fuck?!"

"I can explain this", I say quickly and Calum nods. "Yes, I think that's what you should do now."

"Steven did me a favor once and told me to take out his sister in return, but it was before me and Ariana got together."

"What's it with you and deals about girls?", Calum frowns. "I didn't know you're such an asshole!"

"I'm not", I protest. "I never wanted to hurt anyone!"

"Well, you did!", he spits. "Steven, I think it's better if Luke stays away from your sister."

In that case I agree.

"What's even going on?", Steven asks and Calum glares at me.

"Luke is a dick", he says before he stands up. "Just make sure he doesn't hurt your sister."

"What is he talking about?", Steven asks and I sigh. "Forget it..", I mumble as I watch Calum disappear in the crowd.

This whole situation must look so stupid right now. Well, it is stupid.

"So you will take her out?" "I'm just out of a relationship", I say frustrated.

"I can't just start going on dates with random girls I don't even know just days after I lost the girl I love!"

"You promised it", Steven reminds me. "Can't she wait a few more weeks?", I groan. "No", he simply replies.

"Fuck you", I say under my breath but he doesn't seem to hear it.

Instead he looks around before he points at a group of girls. "You see the black haired one? The one in skinny jeans and the red crop top?"

"Yes", I sigh. "That's Lucy, my sister."

"It's been half a year, man", I say annoyed. "She can't actually still have a crush on me? I don't even know her."

"Then get to know her. You promised it. Now go", he says and pushes me in her direction.

He's right, I promised it, but he can't expect me to do this now. That's so messed up.

I slowly make my way over to the girls. I look over my shoulder and see Steven grin at me, that asshole.

"Uhm.. Lucy?", I ask quietly but she doesn't turn around.

Okay, I tried.

I get ready to leave again but Steven shakes his head and shows me to talk to her again. He's so annoying.

"Lucy?", I ask again, this time a little bit louder. She turns around and I need to hide my surprise.

I know her! She's the pizza delivery girl!

I remember when she brought me and Ariana pizza and I thought she's on drugs. Now I know why she acted that weird.

Her eyes widen and she seems to forget to answer. "Hi..", I say awkwardly and she looks like she snaps back to reality.

"Luke! Uhm, hi", she says and looks at her friends nervously who grin widely at the both of us.

Great, now all of them think she has a chance with me. She's pretty, yes, but I love Ariana.

Dammit, Steven.

What do I even say now?

"Would you like a.. a drink?", I stutter.

Her friends look at each other knowingly and I fight the urge to tell them that I'm just doing this for Steven.

Lucy nods and follows me into the kitchen. Couldn't she just stay with her friends?

"How do you know my name?", she asks as I hand her a cup. "How do you know mine?"

She seems to be taken aback by my question and just takes a sip of the drink I poured her. I don't even know what it is and honestly, I don't care.

Let's just hope I didn't poison her.

"How does it taste?", I ask, just to make sure it's a normal drink. "It's nice", she lies, but I can see that she probably wants to throw up.

She lies to me just because she thinks I like it. Ariana wouldn't do that.

We stand in silence for a few minutes until she finds the courage to speak up.

"Did you come here alone?" "With friends", I reply and she nods. "Same."

How exciting.

"And are you having fun?", I ask and she smiles. "Definitely."

"I didn't know you even know who I am", Lucy giggles a few minutes of awkward silence later. "You're the pizza delivery girl", I grin.

"I remember you bringing pizza to my girlf- ex-girlfriend's house."

"Ex?", she asks surprised. "Yeah..", I try to smile but I probably look like I'm about to cry.

"I'm sorry", she says but I wave it off. "It's fine."

It really isn't.

"And what about you?", I asks. "Do you have a boyfriend?" She raises one of her eyebrows and smirks at me.

"I don't", she says and I nod. "Cool."

She frowns as she notices I'm not going to ask her on a date or something like that. But actually that's what I should do.

Steven appears a few feet away from me, like he can read my mind and I sigh.

"Everything okay?", Lucy questions and I nod. "I was just wondering.. would you like to go out with me some time?"

A huge smile takes over her face and she nods. "Of course! I mean.. sure."

"So.. what about next Friday?" She nods, then Jessie interrupts our conversation.

"Luke, I didn't expect to see you here! How are you?", she asks worried.

Lucy excuses herself and I answer Jessie while glancing over her shoulder. Steven's leaning against the wall, giving me a thumb up.

Wow. I just asked out a girl I don't even know, just days after Ariana broke up with me.

How fucking great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plot twist: This is a Luke & Lucy fanfic

Okay no, just kidding

I'm not stupid, you'd probably kill me lol

If you guys still can't remember what the whole deal thing with Steven is about go back to Chapter 20 haha

Anyway, thanks for reading! Vote and comment if you liked it :)

Peace out xxxx