Chapter 19

A/N: Second update today since the goals I set were obviously not high enough haha

Anyway, songs for this chapter

Shadow - Austin Mahone

I Would  - One Direction

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. What am I supposed to do now?

Ariana slowly walks over to the bed and looks down at Ashton. I glance at her mum who frowns, before she makes an attempt to leave the room. "I'll see you later, yeah?", she asks. We both nod and I swear she mumbles, "Bye Ashton", as she leaves the room.

Ariana turns back to Ashton and softly brushes her hand over his cheek. What's that? I feel a little pain.. Is it because I'm sorry for them? Or is it something else?

She grabs a wooden chair and sits down next to him, holding his hand. Is she sure she only likes him as a friend?!

I cough quietly and she turns her head to face me. "I.. Can I.. Well, I'll just talk to him, okay?", I ask unsure. This is weird but I don't know what else to do. She nods slowly and I take a few steps closer to the bed.

I look at Ashton and notice his pale skin. And I thought Ariana is pale..

"Uhm.. Hello, Ashton..", I say and look at Ariana. I can tell she doesn't know what to think about the situation. "I'm Luke", I continue and grab a second chair. I sit down next to Ariana and give her a little smile. "I'm Ariana's friend, I just moved here about a month ago, I'm from Australia.. She's my best friend, even though she doesn't like talking that much..", I slightly chuckle and Ariana smiles.

"No need to get jealous though, you're still number one", I smirk while she giggles. "So, yeah.. nice to meet you bro."

This is by far the weirdest thing I've done in my entire life.

Ariana squeezes Ashton's hand and smiles at him sadly. "He means a lot to you, doesn't he?", I ask quietly and she looks up. She's obviously holding back tears as she nods.

"Do you love him?", I ask, my mouth dry. "I mean.. like.. really love?", I add. She smiles weakly and shakes her head. "Just as your friend?", I ask, kinda relieved.

I know I already asked her when she had a nightmare last weekend, but can I really believe everything "Midnight-Ariana" says? It worries me a bit that she can't ever remember what happened at night.

Ariana shakes her head again, which surprises me. "How do you love him then?", I ask and she sighs. "A brother?", I ask.

It just suddenly came to my head, it feels like they were like siblings.

Ariana sniffs and nods. "Oh, I'm sorry.. come here", I say and pull her into a hug. She hugs me tightly and I never want to let her go. Ariana starts to cry quietly and I rub her back.

It kills me to see her that hurt and unhappy. She doesn't deserve any of the things that happened to her.

She pulls away and looks deeply into my eyes. I notice she's trying really hard to stop crying and I grab her cheek and wipe away her tears with my thumb. "Everything will be alright, okay?", I ask and she nods slowly. She closes her eyes for a second, it looks like she's in pain.

Of course she is. She probably doesn't even believe me.

"Do you want me to leave you alone with him for a minute?", I ask and she looks down at Ashton before she nods. "Okay", I say and leave the room.

I turn around to look at Ariana once again and see her resting her head on his chest while sobbing.

I just want to make her pain go away..

***

"Well, bye, Luke", the brunette girl, Caitlyn, says. "Maybe we'll meet again!" She smiles and leaves waving.

I went to get some coffee at a little shop in the hospital and met her. Since we both didn't have anything to do at that moment we decided to have a little chat.

Caitlyn will graduate next year, like me, but she's attending another school. She's visiting her grandma, who had a heart attack last week. I have to admit, I hope I'll meet Caitlyn again. Not only that she's pretty, she's also really nice and funny.

I make my way back to room 483 and quietly open the door. "..for so long", I hear someone say.

It doesn't even take a second for me to recognize the voice. She's talking! Ariana's talking!

She's talking to Ashton.. who's in coma.. and can't hear her.

"I don't know how, but he helps me. It's like he's my cure."

My heart stops for a second. Is she talking about me?

"I can't explain it but ever since he walked into that classroom, looking totally lost, he made me feel secure", she giggles a bit as she mentions me looking lost.

Oh c'mon, I'm sure I didn't look that lost..

"You would like him..", her voice thickens. "Maybe one day.. when we're save."

I gulp. I really shouldn't listen but I just..

"I wanna tell him but I can't. I can't let anything happen to him. I know he feels like he needs to protect me when in reality I'm the one who needs to protect him. If he ever found out the truth he'd probably get as far away from me as possible. He'd leave straight away."

How can she think like that about me? If she only knew..

"I couldn't take that..", she sobs.

I hear voices coming closer. I quickly close the door as quiet as possible as two young woman walk by, arguing over god knows what.

I roll my eyes and open the door again, as soon as they're past me. It's not opened wide enough, I can't see anything what's going on, but I hear Ariana still talking.

"I'm still too scared to talk to him.. even though I trust him. I really do, I can't imagine him hurting me."

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

She shouldn't trust me for god's sake! I made a deal with her cousin, I'm about to act like I have feelings for her.. Why the hell does she feel like she can trust me?!

I guess it's good that Ashton is in coma, he won't be able to beat me up.. I'm sure he'd do that if he knew what I'm doing and if he could.

"I'll get him back in and then we'll leave soon, I guess", Ariana says.

Oh shit.

I close the door, thank god it doesn't make any sound, and run down the hallway to where I had my coffee with Caitlyn earlier.

A minute later Ariana comes around. She smiles weakly, it's obvious that she cried, and shows me to come with her.

I tell Ashton good bye and Ariana looks at him one last time before we leave the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soo... I obviously didn't expect that I'd get 8 votes and 8 comments (even though someone cheated a bit with that ;)) that soon so here's another update haha hope you enjoyed this :)

My goals for the next chapter are: 15 votes and 15 comments

I can't update every 10 hours or something haha

So, thanks for reading and again, you guys are amazing :)Bye xx