Chapter 38

Songs for this chapter

I'm Not The Only One - Sam Smith

Wings - Little Mix

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wait, you want me to drive him home?", Ryan groans.

Ariana turns around surprised and I roll my eyes. "Thanks, we don't want you to drive us anyway", I tell him and he looks down.

"Oh, I'll drive her home", he says and smiles at her. "No, you won't", I tell him and he laughs dryly. "You can't tell me what to do."

"Do you want me to look for someone else?", Calum asks confused. "Yes", I tell him but Ryan shakes his head. "No. I'll drive her home."

"No", I say and narrow my eyes. "Lu-", I hear Ariana say but Ryan cuts her off. "I will, end of the story", he tells me. "You wo-"

"Dammit, Luke, just let him drive her home!", Calum shouts. We both look at him surprised and he points at Ariana at the ground.

"She's not feeling well and you argue over who drives her home? A nice boyfriend you are! I guess you two can't stand each other but shouldn't you want the best for her?!", Calum tells me and I look at Ariana.

"It's fine, Calum", she mumbles and he sighs. "You look like you're about to collapse, it's not fine", he tells her and looks at me. "Let Ryan drive her home now."

I nod. "Sorry, I'm so sorry", I tell her as I help her up. "Don't worry", she smiles at me weakly and Ryan grabs her arm.

"And you didn't drink, yeah?", I ask and he nods while rolling his eyes. "Let's go", he says and walks away with her.

"I'm the worst boyfriend ever", I frown but Calum shakes his head. "Just a little bit too jealous", he laughs. "But I get it, you love her."

"Hey, idiot, she's not going with me as long as you're not coming with us", Ryan calls. Thank god.

"You're just lucky she loves you as much as you love her", Calum laughs and pats my back before I make my way over to Ryan and Ariana.

She loves me as much as I love her? That's not even possible.

"Get in now", Ryan says and sighs. I sit down next to Ariana in the back and he rolls his eyes. "Do you guys always need to be next to each other or..?"

"She's not feeling well, do you wanna leave her alone or what?", I snap. He doesn't answer but starts the engine.

A few minutes later we find ourselves in front of her house. Of course he knows the way..

I feel jealousy heating up inside of me again but I try to ignore it.

"Good night", Ryan says as me and Ariana get out of the car. I don't even bother answering, we all know he didn't say it to us both.

"Night", Ariana replies shortly and I slam the door. Ryan glares at me one last time, then he drives off.

I turn around to face Ariana, she doesn't look that sick anymore. "Are you feeling better already?", I ask and she nods. "It was the smoke", she says and wrinkles her nose. "It makes me feel sick."

Didn't she let me sleep in her bed when I smelled like smoke once?

"Okay.. Let's go inside", I suggest and she takes a few steps before she stops. "Your shoes?", I ask as she closes her eyes in pain. "They're killing me", she sighs and I stop in front of her, leaning a little bit forwards.

"I'll give you a piggy back", I grin. "You gentleman", she laughs. "But I can't get on there."

"Jump?", I suggest and look back to see her shaking her head laughing. "In those shoes?", she asks and points at her high heels.

"I can walk to the door, I guess, it's not like it's far away", she grins and takes two more steps. "Even if it's gonna take ages", she laughs and I shake my head.

"You're so stupid", I tell her and grab her waist with both arms, then I quickly pick her up and throw her over my shoulder. She screams before she laughs and slaps my back.

I make my way over to her door and let go of her. "I told you you'll have to carry me at some point of the night", she grins and rings the bell.

While we wait for her parents to open the door she takes off her shoes. Suddenly she sighs. "I should've taken them off earlier", she rolls her eyes. "I'm so dumb. Then you wouldn't have had to carry me."

I laugh. "Because you're so heavy and it was such a torture carrying you", I say sarcastically and nudge her with my elbow.

The door opens and her dad looks at us surprised. "Back already?", he asks and I nod. "She wasn't fe-" "It was kinda boring", Ariana cuts me off.

What?

"Oh really?", her dad frowns and I look at her confused. "Yes..", I tell him hesitating.

Didn't she have fun? It looked like she enjoyed herself.

"I had hoped you'll have fun.. it was your first time out after ages", he mumbles. I actually thought she had fun.. besides the fact Ryan was there.

She should've just told me that she didn't like it, not say she's sick. But she looked so pale.. I'm confused.

"I think I'm gonna leave then..", I say, still confused, but Mr. Clifford shakes his head. "You need to try one of Ariana's mum's Halloween cupcakes. We left some for you both", he tells me.

For us both? Am I already like a part of the family or..?

Maybe I had a bit too much to drink because everything confuses me so much right now.

"Just come inside, I'll get you some", he says and we nod.

"You can't go home!", Ariana says as we both make our way into the living room. "It's dark!"

I laugh a bit. "I'm not a kid."

She gulps and looks at me worried. "Luke, I'm serious, please-", she begins but I cut her off. "I'll take care, don't worry", I smile and she furrows her eyebrows.

"You think you can take care of yourself but you can't always!", she tells me a little bit furious.

Fuck, I know what this is about. She's worried because of that fucking creep.

"I'm sorry..", I sigh. "So what do I do?" "You stay here", she quickly says. "But your parents..", I stop as her dad walks inside, carrying a plate full cupcakes with a pumpkin face on them.

"Dad, can Luke stay over? It's late.." "Of course", he smiles and hands Ariana the plate. "Easy as that", she winks and grabs one of the cupcakes while her dad leaves the room again.

Even though she's smiling I can tell that our conversation got more to her than she shows. I can see the fear behind her eyes and it doesn't scare me less than her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for reading!

Soo.. a lot of you were right, it was Ryan :)

Sorry to the ones who hoped/thought it was Ashton but that would've been too good to be true ;)

Next chapter is up as soon as this one get 75 votes and 75 comments (sorry but school started today and that means I'll spend even less time on wattpad :( sorry again)

Love you guys! Bye :) xx