Chapter 7

Songs for this chapter are

Glow in the dark - The Wanted

XO - Emblem3

Made in the USA - Demi Lovato

Competition - Little Mix

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ariana! Luke's here!"

Ariana comes out of the kitchen, a water bottle in her hand. She's wearing skinny jeans - what a surprise - and a pink shirt, like earlier in school. Her hair's tied up in a messy bun today and she's even wearing earrings. They're small white things, I don't know if they have any special name, I'm a guy.

"Where are you going? I don't wanna seem too curious but..", her mum asks and I smile. "It's fine. We're going to a fair near my house, it looks cool." "Oh, nice. Well, have fun", her mum smiles at us and leaves the room.

"Ready?", I ask and Ariana nods. She grabs a white bag and puts her water bottle inside, then she puts on her Toms and grabs her keychain. "I thought we'll just walk there since it's not such a long way, if that's okay for you?", I ask Ariana as I open the door for her. She smiles at me and nods.

I follow her outside and look up to the sky. It looked a bit rainy earlier but thank god it doesn't anymore. "Living here actually isn't too bad..", I say after a while. It really isn't. She looks at me and smiles. "I thought I'd hate it", I admit and she nods understanding.

I kick a rock with my foot and it hits a black Range Rover.

Oops.

I look over to Ariana, expecting her to smirk at me, but she doesn't. She stops and stares at the car, then she gulps, grabs my arm and quickly walks away.

What was that?

She clearly didn't act like that because the rock hit it. "Is something wrong?", I ask. She hastily shakes her head and lets go of my arm. Of course something is wrong but she won't answer me anyway so I decide to not ask again.

The rest of the walk we both stay quiet - not that Ariana ever does anything else. When we reach the fair, the first thing I notice is the amazing smell coming from a little hut. "I'm hungry, do you wanna go in there?", I ask and point at the hut. Ariana nods and follows me. "They have pizza, definitely what I'm taking", I say and smile. "What about you?", I turn to Ariana but she just shakes her head. "No pizza? Anything else?" She shakes it again.

I know it's only 5 in the afternoon but I can't help but feeling weird about her not wanting to eat. "I've never seen you eating before..", I notice and she shrugs. "Do you even eat?", I say - well, it comes out more like a whisper to be honest.

Ariana looks at the ground and slowly shakes her head. I'm glad she's at least being honest with me. I sigh and turn to the cashier, then I say, "Two pizza margaritas please." Ariana's head snaps up and she punches my arm, hastily shaking her head.

"No matter how much you shake your head, you will eat this", I tell her and pay the young cashier.

We wait some more minutes until our pizzas are finished, then we sit down on a table near the hut.

I take the first bite and look at Ariana. She stares at the pizza but doesn't make any attempt to eat it. I grab one of her slices. "C'mon, eat it. Here comes the airplane", I say laughing. Ariana looks up at me and grins then she hesitantly takes a bite.

Now that I know she doesn't usually eat I notice how skinny she actually is. She also looks ill, I don't know why I didn't notice that so far.

Probably because she's perfect to me anyway.