Chapter 45

Songs for this chapter

Ready to run - One Direction

Weightless - All Time Low

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Luke, your friend's here!"

What? Which friend? It's the day of Ariana's birthday party, I didn't invite anyone over, obviously.

"Which friend?", I shout so I don't have to walk downstairs. "The one with red hair!", mum yells back.

I run downstairs and find Michael standing behind my mum grinning.

"Hey, what are you doing here?", I ask as mum leaves into the kitchen. "Thought I'd pick you up", he tells me.

"If your mum's okay with that", he adds. "She didn't look like she liked my hair."

He laughs and I raise my eyebrows. "What do you mean, you wanna pick me up?", I ask and he shows me to follow him outside.

As we walk into the garden I see a black car parked in front of my house.

"My car!", Michael says proudly and I look at him surprised. "Just got my driving license a few days ago. I wanted to keep it a secret in case I'd fail, that would've been embarrassing", he grins.

"That's awesome!", I tell him and he nods. "I know right? Now I can drive us to the party", he tells me, smiling widely.

"You know Ariana told us to be there in an hour to help her, right? Not now", I laugh.

"I know but I'll just stay at yours until then", he says and walks past me into the house. "Yes, that's alright, thanks for asking", I laugh and follow him.

"Have you seen her dress already?", Michael asks a few minutes later, sipping on his coke. "Dress?", I ask and he grins.

"They all run around in those fancy dresses on their birthdays", he laughs and rolls his eyes. "The other girls will be wearing dresses as well, just wait."

I remember the picture of her last birthday party, she was even wearing a crown back then.

"Girls", I groan and he chuckles. "You'll like it, don't worry", Michael says. "If she wasn't my cousin I'd say she looks hot in it..", he smirks and I shake my head laughing.

"So you already saw it?", I question and he nods. "Ariana and Sandy went shopping, then they showed me the dresses. I couldn't say no, you know? It didn't really interest me but they're my cousin and girlfriend and I'm a nice person", he winks.

At that moment mum walks inside and raises her eyebrows. "Can I talk to you for a second, Luke?", she asks and leaves again.

"Now she'll complain about me", Michael whispers and grins. I know he's right and follow mum outside annoyed.

"What is this punk doing here?", mum mumbles as I reach her. "Talking to me?", I reply and roll my eyes.

"I don't like his hair. Or his eyebrow piercing. And I think I even saw tattoos. I bet he's a bad influence on you", mum says, for sure loud enough for Michael to hear.

"Mum I have a piercing as well, if you forgot", I tell her and she sighs. "And you know I can't stand it. Soon you'll have green hair if you keep hanging out with him!"

I laugh. "You sound so stupid, mum", I say and she furrows her eyebrows. "Don't talk to me like that!"

"Okay, sorry, but he's cool", I tell her. "Besides, he's Ariana's cousin." Suddenly mum's face lights up. "Why didn't you mention that earlier? He's probably a nice person, just like Ariana", she smiles and I roll my eyes.