25

RYLEE

I knew it was going to mess with him, but I didn't expect him to hide in the bathroom.

"Wait back up. What happened?" Kelly asks through the phone.

"I thought we were going the right direction but once I asked him he up and left. I mean he locked himself in the bathroom Kelly"

"Hmm. Did you tell him how you found out?"

"No, I figured he'd answer me and then everything would be okay if not better than it was before"

"If I know my twin he's probably rehearsing it in the bathroom mirror."

"For fifteen minutes?"

"I don't know" she responds with a chuckle "maybe your question scared the literal shit out of him"

"I don't think so" I retort.

We share a laugh when Kelly curses.

"Well I'll be dammed, speak of the devil"

"He's calling?" I ask alarmed

"Yeah. Lemme see what he wants and I'll call you back"

We say our goodbyes and hang up before I plop down on the couch again.

It's wasn't that big of a deal, I don't know why he's reacting this way.

A few minutes pass before I hear the bathroom door shut and footsteps approaching me.

When he comes into view my heart sinks.

Why is he so beat up about it.

His hair was mused like he ran his fingers through it and pulled on it. He eyes were wide and crazy and his skin was paper than usual.

"Um. I'm sorry about that" he mumbles as he slinks into the space next to me.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He hesitates and I notice his muscle tense, before he responds.

"Yeah I'm, uh, fine. I just- you caught me off guard and I don't know why that would even come up I mean-"

"I had a revelation after the wedding, and Wilson and Kelly just confirmed it"

"Kelly? Wait, you've been talking to my sister?"

"I had too, I didn't know what happened and why you shut down. She helped me understand what you've been through and I why you don't share your emotions"

He runs his hands down his face and groans before laying his head down on the back of the couch.

"So, do you have an answer?" I ask carefully.

His eyes drag over to mine and he hesitates before letting out a breath.

"I-I don't know when it happened. But I realized it right before the wedding. Kelly mentioned something that made me realize that-"

He stops short and glances away from me while a blush stains his cheeks.

"Tell me Logan"

He glances at me sideways and he sharply inhales a breath.

I slide closer to him until we're only a short distance apart.

"Logan" I whisper, which gets his attention.

His brown eyes bore into mine as I inch closer.

"Tell me you love me Logan" I whisper to him.

He searches my gaze intently before his hand slowly comes up and cups my cheek. I lean into his touch and close the remaining distance, we're only a breath apart and I wanted, no, I needed him to tell me.

"Rylee-" he breaths as his other hand reaches to cup the nape of my neck.

"Please, tell me"

He gaze turns intense and heated when he looks back into my eyes.

"I love you" he says in such a low voice I barely heard him.

I smile at him before leaning forward and pressing my lips against his. He returns the kiss fervently and tangled his fingers in my hair as he pulled me impossibly closer.

Our lips collided as our bodies molded together. He was giving me everything and I wasn't afraid to take it all.

He bit my lip causing a low gasp to escape me, and he took that opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth.

I run my fingers through his hair and lightly tug on his roots which earns a groan from deep in his chest.

We pull apart both breathless and high off each other's kisses.

This is what it feels like, to give yourself to someone that you trust. This is love.

"I was so afraid Rylee" he mumbles before wrapping his arms around me.

I snuggle closer to him and rest my forehead on his shoulder.

"Why?"

I didn't know if I wanted the answer. But a part of me needed to hear it.

He pulls away and grabs my hands before running his thumbs over my knuckles.

"I-" he pauses and takes another breath before continuing.

"Thalia really hurt me, I-I trusted her and I-I mean I bought her a fucking ring. I wanted to spend my life with her, and when I saw her and that guy together. I gave up. I don't-didn't think I could give that much of myself to someone again."

"Did you not trust me?" I ask him, trying to hide the hurt.

"I didn't know who the trust. When I had finally realized how I felt, you said we were friends and I didn't want to love you anymore, but Damn it Rylee I can't help it. This last month was torture, and I spent each night wondering what you were doing and each day hoping to god that you were safe and Joel didn't-"

"Hey, listen to me Logan. I am not Thalia, I promise you, you'll have all of me for as long as you want it. I thought you were just flirting like you did with every girl. I didn't think you actually meant any of it until Thalia told me she saw you with the redhead after the wedding"

His eyebrows crinkle with confusion before a realization dawns on him.

"Nothing happened with her. I mean I went back to her apartment, but I couldn't go through with it. I kept thinking about you and I didn't want to hurt you anymore than I had"

"Don't worry about it Logan. I promise it's not a big deal, I trust you"

He smiles sweetly at me before brushing so loose strands of hair out of my face.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you, but I swear I'm going to spend all of time making myself worthy of you" he states with a pain in his voice.

"You already have Logan. I fell in love with you, all of you, the angry, flirty, strong, passionate you. And I don't want anyone else"

••
Double update! Whooo!

I'm so happy my loves finally confessed! 😩

Do we want to see a steamy scene between them soon? Let me know!