7

LOGAN

Why the hell did Wilson just volunteer our dorm like that? He didn't even talk to me about it! Why would I want a random chick staying with me?

I mean yeah she's hot, but now it'll be awkward having girls leave in the morning, and it'll be like living with my sister again.

If this Rylee chick is anything like Kelly than I am utterly screwed. I don't want to find tampon wrappers and bras scattered around my bathroom.

"Listen, Uh I have to go to practice in an hour, so I'll just have enough time to kinda show you around the place." I tell her as we approach a stop sign.

She nods and continues to look out the window as the trees whizz by us.

"I'm Logan by the way. Logan Willis. I know you knew that but I wanted to introduce myself properly since we're gonna be living together"

She finally turns to me briefly so flash me a small smile. "I'm Rylee Luma" she says before turning back to the window.

Silence filled the car and I was surprised that I started getting uncomfortable.

"What's your major?" I ask trying to break the silence, as we pull up to the dorm.

"English, while minoring in psychology"

"That's cool, my sister is an English Major at NYU"

She doesn't respond and if I didn't know she almost died only a few hours prior, I would've been pissed with how rude she was being.

"So Rylee, What got you into dance?"

She shrugs her shoulders and follows me into the dorm. Our dorm was one of the apartments on campus, it had a bathroom and two bedrooms along with a kitchen, that had a island in the middle, and a small living space with a couch and tv. It wasn't much but for Wilson and I it was enough.

"This is it" I tell her opening the front door, and stepping inside.

She follows closely behind me and clutches her bag closer to her body.

I watch her carefully as she studies the apartment, I didn't have much time to clean up since I was helping Wilson pack all his things.

I notice her brown eyes twinkle as they skim across the kitchen, and a small smile plays on her lips.

"Your room is over this way." I tell her breaking her out of the daze she had disappeared into.

I lead her to the door on the right and open it.
"Wilson said he'd bring by your stuff later, I put clean sheets on the bed but it's just temporary until we can get yours"

She makes her way father into the room and shows herself around. She doesn't say anything and I'm almost afraid to ask her anything.

"I have to get going, but I'll leave my number on the fridge if you need anything just text me. I'm gonna stop by the store on my way home so if there's anything you like let me know and I can pick it up"

She turns to me and flashes me a small smile.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" She asks in a weak voice

"Why wouldn't I be? You're a friend of Wilson's and I'm not an asshole despite what people say about me"

"I haven't heard that about you."

I raise an eyebrow at her contemplating on if I should ask what she means by that.

"Besides if you're gonna be living here it wouldn't do me anyone to be a dick because that wouldn't be how my mom raised me"