3

LOGAN

Between the pounding of my sisters fist against my door and the bright light streaming through the curtains, I couldn't help but wake up.

I just wanted to stay curled up in my bed. The only downside to that was that my mind always wandered to Thalia, and seeing someone's hands on her.

It was sickening.

"Logan wake up! It's Christmas Day!" Kelly squeals from the other side of my door.

I groan and throw my blankets off me before getting up and throwing on a pair of sweatpants and the traditional Willis ugly sweater that we all wore on Christmas Day. It consisted of ornaments and jingle bells looped through tinsel and garland. Basically Christmas  got too drunk and threw up all over my sweater.

We all matched and it was something we had always done. Mom and dad always said that Thalia would get one when I married her.

After running my fingers and some gel through my hair I tumble down the stairs and enjoy the greeting of bacon and eggs awaited me in the kitchen.

"Smells good ma" I tell her as I plant a kiss on her cheek and settle in next to Kelly.

Kelly beams at me as she shovels food into her mouth. She loved Christmas just as much as I do- did.

I smile at her as she squirms with excitement in her chair.

"Gah! I wanna open my presents!" She whines, finishing her food.

I chuckle at her as mom scolds her.

"Kelly you know that you have to wait until later, we have to have our snowball fight first!"

I feel myself lighten at the mention of the snowball fight. It was one of my favorite things about Christmas with my family. Usually it was dad and I against mom and Kelly, but with Josh here this year I wasn't sure how it was going to work. Thalia usually sat out, but I don't feel like Josh will.

Kelly shovels the rest of her food in her mouth before grabbing my wrist and yanking me out of my chair.

Damn I didn't realize how strong she was.

"But my food" I whine.

"It'll be there later, now come on!" She says as she throws my coat and mittens at me. I catch them with ease and roll my eyes as my hat hits me in the face.

I glare at her and she just shrugs and throws her coat on.

I dress in my winter gear and slide my feet into my warmest pair of boots before stepping out into the bitter Colorado weather.

A shiver runs down my spine and my nose freezes almost instantly.

"Aw poor Logan, he's only been gone two years and he already can't handle the cold" Kelly says as she lunges a snowball at me.

"Okay that's it!" I say before running towards her.

She screams and takes off in the other direction as my mom and dad help Josh make a fort.

"Babe help!" She screams to Josh.

"I think you'll be fine baby." He says with a chuckle as he molds another snowball in his hands.

She knew I was gaining on her and like the dummy I was, forgot to not underestimate her. She may be tiny but she is one scary chick when she gets really pissed.

She stops abruptly which causes me to collide into her back. We both tumble to the ground and before I can register what happened she's shoving my head into the deep snow.