18

LOGAN

"I shouldn't have to tell you this, but if you ever hurt her, I might just have to murder you!" I tell Josh as I fix his tie.

He grins at me "I shouldn't have to tell you that I would never ever even dream of hurting Kelly."

I roll my eyes at his sappy-ness. I knew he wouldn't, but it was my job as her brother to threaten him.

I step away from Josh and watch intently as his closes his eyes and inhaled a deep breath.

"You okay man?" I ask

He shakes his head. "I think I'm gonna be sick"

"If you vomit on my suit I really will fucking kill you"

"I don't feel so good." Josh mumbles as he leans against the wall.

"Don't get cold feet now! You're getting married to my sister in almost ten minutes I need you to focus!"

He closes his eyes again and clenches his hands into fists at the side of his body. He chest fell and rose rapidly and sweat perspired on his forehead.

"I can't do it man"

"Then why are you?"

"I-I don't know" he states.

"Okay well I'll go break it to Kelly that you're backing out and we'll see how she feels about that" I reply with a shrug as I make my way towards the dressing room door.

"No!" He shouts.

I raise an eyebrow and turn to face him.

"Well why not? If you don't want to get married-"

"No I do! I love Kelly, I want to spend my life with her. Look she's the one. I know how cliche that sounds, but she is. She has been since I've known her. I-I am so in love with her I don't know what to do with myself."

I smirk at him and clap a hand on his shoulder.

"You're a prick, why the hell would you scare me like that!" He shouts once he sees the look I'm giving him.

"Nobody deserves my sister, but you are close to being right for her. You and I may never be best friends, but I know you'll take care of her, and I trust you with her life"

Josh smiles at me. "Thank you Logan" he says sincerely.

A knocking on the door catches our attention, as my dad enters the room.

He nods at me before turning to Josh.

"You ready Elroy?"

Josh nods at my fathers question with a smile on his face.

"Good, I'm going to warn you now, she looks beautiful" my dad says as he sniffles.

"That's my cue then, I'm off to see the bride" I state before leaving the two of them together.

I walk down the hallway towards my sisters dressing room just in time to see the makeup artist leave the room.

I enter and step into a cloud of perfume and hairspray that just about suffocated me. My mom is the first to see me, and greets me with a bone crushing hug.

"Oh honey you look so handsome"

"Thanks ma"

She smiles at me and wipes the tears from under her eyes. "I'd better go, they need me to do some last minute touch ups for the ceremony"

Mom gives me another hug and a kiss on the cheek before she leaves the room.

"Logan? Is that you?" My sister yells from farther in the room.

"Yeah sis. Where are you?"

"I'm in the bathroom. I should've peed before I put this damn dress on! Do you know how hard this is!" She yells through the wooden door.

I chuckle at her and make my way to the beverage cart before pouring each of us a swallow of whiskey. I down mine right away and pour myself another as she comes bouncing out of the bathroom.

My eyes widen and my jaw drops when she fully comes into view. She had diamonds stamped into her hair, which was up in a flowing, intricate bun. Her makeup was dark, and it complements her ivory dress perfectly. Her dress was tight except at the bottom where it flowed out.

"Kel, you look beautiful"

A blush creeps up her cheeks as she smiles at me.

"Thanks Logan"

I walk up to her and wrap her in a tight hug.

"I'm so proud of you Kelly, and I'm so sorry for all the problems I caused for you guys."

We break the hug and she tilts her head at me.

"I know you are Logan, but what brought on the sudden apology?"

"I guess I didn't know what it really felt like to truly be in love. I look at you and Josh and you guys were the opposite of me. I see you guys and every time you talk about each other, or see each other your faces light up. I didn't realize it until a few months ago that you guys are the real deal."

The smile Kelly was sporting great wider as she grabbed my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"It's like you and Rylee" she states.

That comment took me by surprise. And I think Kelly could tell.

"Come on Logan, she's stunning, and from what you've told me and the brief time I've spent with her I love her, and I've only known her for a day"

I furrow my eyebrows at my twin.

"What are you saying Kelly?"

She offers me a small smile as a knock sounds from the door.

"Pumpkin are you ready?" Dad calls out.

Kelly glances at me one last time before she walks around me and toward the door.

She leaves with dad to get her finishing touches as I'm ushered toward the alter.

The whole time my mind was feeling with what she had just said.

And now, I was even more confused than before.