Chapter 21

Lots of emotions, fluff, and a bunch of sweet nicknames. Enjoy :)

Liams POV

I can tell Lindsay was on edge just by how the room felt when she entered. It felt tense, but this situation we find ourselves in is tough so of course, it's tense. I felt anxious, instinctively, I pulled Tyler closer to my chest. Now that he's a little older, he's not always crazy about cuddling or us holding him, but I think he could tell something was wrong. He laid his head down on my shoulder and held onto me tightly, I knew he felt that I was off and had actually accepted my cuddling. 

"Well, should we sit at the table?" I suggested. Harry nodded and pressed a large hand onto my back. His protective front was back, it's how he gets whenever there's someone around that he doesn't trust even though someone like Lindsay poses no physical threat. 

We all took a seat at the table, Tyler still in my lap. Lindsay looked down at her hands while Harry intently stared at her with one of his hands on my thigh. 

"Well, what is it?" Harry asked, his voice strained like he was holding back on his anger. 

"I just wanted to get everything out in the open I guess. This situation is so messy and I realized it must be a lot on you guys, so I figured you'd want some type of answer." I nodded before setting Tyler onto his feet, asking him to go play which he did. I had a good view of the living room so I was able to watch him. 

"That would be really great. Let's start with the first that I have, how do you know for sure I'm the dad when I know you slept with so many other people?" Harry's grip on my thigh tightened as he said that. I ran my hand on his arm to calm him which worked but only slightly. 

"The truth is, I don't know for sure. The doctors said just with how the timing works there's a great chance it is yours, I'm about 14 weeks along." I thought about how that would work out. That was about three and a half months ago and Harry has been back for a month. He mentioned he had a couple of slipups and I'm guessing that's when it happened. I felt my face get hot as I started feeling tears build up behind my eyes. Just thinking about Harry being with anyone else makes me feel sick. It was also just getting hard to accept everything Harry did. I continuously forgive him, and I know I will continue to forgive him, but the weight of all his wrongdoings really was starting to become heavy. 

I felt a tear slip down my face. "Um, I think- I think I'm gonna go sit with Tyler for a minute, make sure he's okay." I just barely managed to choke that out before I got up and went to the living room. I felt the tears run down my face as I tried not to look at the pair in the kitchen, focusing all my attention on Tyler even if he wasn't focused on me. I suddenly felt a warm hand on my back. 

"Liam love, are you okay?" Harry whispered in my ear. I felt a small sob escape my lips, I tried suppressing it with my hand but it was already too late. Harry pulled me into him as tears fell uncontrollably. 

"This is just so hard H, hearing everything you did, knowing that this is real, that you might actually have a baby with someone else. It's just, all so much. I don't know how much more I can handle," I sobbed into his shoulder, gripping the back of his shirt like it was my lifeline. 

"I know Liam I know. I fucked up so so bad, and I promise I will spend the rest of my life making it all up to you just, just please don't leave me, Liam. I can't do this without you please, I need you." Harry gripped my waist tightly as he begged, his voice starting to quiver. 

"Of course I'll stay with you Harry, it's just so much to process at once." He nodded in a silent understanding. We held each other for a while longer before I pulled back.

"We're going to fix this together, okay baby?" I said while running my hand through his hair. He nodded and closed his eyes, pushing his head into my hand. When he opened his eyes he kissed me gently, our lips moving in perfect sync.