Chapter 29

Bella's POV.....
I screamed as someone grabbed my shoulders.
" Hey! Its just me,'' Elijah said as he turned me around. A wave of relief washed over me.

"Oh my god, I thought you were Klaus,'' I said wide eyed. He shook his head

"Niklaus can't hurt you here. You are safe,'' e said sternly.

" I thought something had happened since it was getting late,'' I said, "So I assumed the worst.''

"I'm sorry, I should have called you,'' He said.

"No it's okay. As long as you're here,'' I reassured

This whole thing has me even more jumpy. The thought of someone being out there; someone ready to hurt me and my friends is terrifying. My life changed completely. And to think, just a couple months ago I thought the craziest thing that could happen was dating a vampire. Now I am more than a vampire and I'm talking to the oldest one. I don't even know what my life has become. This all too much. I thought moving to this town would mean a new start. A normal one. One where I could finish high school and settle down. Now I am fighting for my life with everyone in danger. This is all too much.

I pulled away from Elijah and turned around as I felt my eyes get watery. God damnit I was crying again. I never cried before.

" Isabella,'' He called softly. I sniffled

" I'm sorry, I don't know why I cry easily,'' I sniffled.

" It's your emotions; they're heightened. Everything you feel is felt 10 times more. It comes with the transformation,'' He explained. I nodded through my tears.

" This is all so frustrating,'' I confessed, " I never thought my life would be like this. The constant fear for my friends is too much. I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me."

"No one will get hurt,'' he stressed. I shook my head as I turned to face him.

"You don't understand. Everyone expect me to do things that I don't know, beat the bad guy and save Elena but I can't! I don't know how!'' I cried. I covered my face with my hands as my shoulders shook.

"Isabella, you are strong. I know you can do this. I have all of my faith in you. I will help you. You will be ready. I will protect everyone. I will keep them safe. I give you my word,'' He said sternly.

I pulled my hands away as I slowly met his eyes.

" Elijah, I couldn't live with myself if someone got hurt because of me. I need you to promise me that they will be safe-''

" They will-"

"No! Let me finish,'' I interrupted. I took a deep breathe.

"If it comes down to them or me. I want you to save them,'' I said. He shook his head.

"No. I won't. I will always protect you,'' he said. I shook my head as more tears fell.

"That's it, Elijah! I don't want to be protected if it means someone else getting hurt! Promise me that you'll do it!

"No!"

" Please!"

"I already lost Elizabeth! I will not lose you to him!'' He yelled, " You deserve to live!''

"No I don-"

"I love you! Understand I could never do that to the woman I love! I will always chose you!'' He yelled.

"Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to,'' I said softly. He shook his head.

" Well I won't,'' he concluded, " I'll kill him before I let him hurt you.