Chapter 25

Bella's POV....
My body hurt. I kept hearing voices around me and a constant beeping. God it was so loud. I want it to stop. I smelled blood and alcohol. Where am I? Am I at a hospital? I tried to focus on the voices that I kept hearing. They were getting louder but I couldn't make out what they were saying. I tried to open my eyes but it's like they were glued shut. I tried again and I could tart to see some light. I hissed as my eyes adjusted. My voice was hoarse.
" Bella!'' I heard someone gasp. I hissed. Why were they screaming? I opened my eyes and focused on the people around me. Damon, Charlie, and Elena.
" What happened?'' I asked.
" I'll go get the doctor,'' Elena said as she left the room. Charlie cam close and grabbed my hand.
" Sweetie, you were in a car crash but you're okay now. You woke up,'' He said with tears in his eyes.
" Dad , I'm alright,'' I said squeezing his hand.
" I know its just I thought t I lost you again.''
" Nope, you're stuck with me,'' I joked. He chuckled. I looked over to Damon who was quiet.
" Can I talk to Damon alone?"
" Sure, I'll go see whats tking the doctor so long."
When Charlie left the room I looked at Damn
" Hey, Whats wrong?''
" Bella,'' He paused, " You died."
I looked at him in confusion.
" What do you mean. I'm talking to you right now."
" No your heart stopped. My blood was in your system. You're in transition.''
" What!?''
" I'm sorry, Bella. I didn't want this to happen to soon,'' Damon looked down at the floor. He wouldn't even get close to me.
" No, Damon, you saved me. Please don't blame yourself. It was an accident. I'm fine. Everything's fine."
" It's my fault-"
" No it's not,''I said firmly. In that moment the doctor walked in.
" Hello, Bella. How are you feeling?''
" Very well.''
" You're doing well. I think you'll be allowed out today. You didn't suffer any major injuries so you'll be good to go once you change.''
" Okay, Thank you Doctor.''
" You're very welcome.''
I looked at Damon.
" I'm fine,'' I repeated.
" Yeah, it's just.. i could have lost you. You have no idea how scared I was,'' He confessed.
" Baby, i'm right here. I'm not going anywhere.''
We left shortly after the nurse cam with my stuff. Charlie was careful with me as he helped me to the car. Elena left to her house when we arrived.
" Bella, call me if you neednathing, I'm going to go upstairs,'' Charlie said as he walked up the stairs.
" Okay, Dad.''
I turned to face Damon.
" We need to talk,'' I told him as I le dhim to my room.
" You need to drink human blood inroder to complete the transistion,'' He said. I nodded.
" I'm scared,'' I confessed.
" I'll be right here to help and guid you through your transistion.''
" I'm not scared of being a vampire, I'm scared about what becomign a vampire means for me."
" I know, Baby, We'll talk to Elijah but first you need to feed and we need to get you a ring."
" It is weird that I'm not freaking out about this?'' I asked.
" You've never been normal , Bella,'' He joked. I cracked a smile.
" I'll be back,'' he said. I nodded. I grabbed my phone from my bag and dialed Elijah's number.
" Isabella, What a pleasant surprise. To what do I owe you call?''
" I need your help,'' I stated. His tone went from cheerful to serious once I said that.
" I'll be right over,'' He said and hung up. Damon showed up two second later. I'll never get used to his speed. He handed me a blood bag.
" Here, drink this and then you complete your transition,'' He said. He sat down at the edge of the bed. I could tell h was nervous but I didn't know why. I slowly brought the bag to my lips and instantly felt the hunger in my throat. I felt veins form under my eyes as-well has fangs grow out of my jaws. I sucked the blood bag dry.
" That was hot,'' Damons said to release tension. I laughed.
" I called Elijah,'' I told him. I sat down on the bed.
"Is it weird that I feel the same,'' I asked. To be honest, it didn't even feel like I transitioned, I felt the same. Normal.
" Maybe it has to do with what you are,'' he suggested. I nodded, that kinda makes sense. I heard footsteps approaching downstairs so we both got up to answer. Elijah stood there, as always in a suit. He looked me up and down causing Damon to pull me closer.
" So I died,'' I decided to joke. Elijah's face turned hard.
" You transitioned,'' he observed.
" Yeah like five seconds ago,'' I said, " Come in,''
I lead everyone to the living room.
" What does this mean for me?'' I asked.
" Well you turned into a vampire which  means that slowly you'll start to adapt into your new lifestyle. I have no idea how the absorption of powers comes about but you're not near a Cold one or anything so I assume it won't happen for a while."
I nodded as I processed the information.
" What happened to you,'' eElijah asked.
" Well I was driving home from Damon's and there was a man standing in the middle of the road. I tried to swerve but I lost control and then it went dark from there.''
" She ended up hitting a tree,'' Damon added.
" Did you recognize the man,'' Elijah asked. I shook my head.
" No, I didn't really get a good look at him,'' I said. His eyes shifted from me to Damon.
" What?'' I asked, " Is something wrong.''
" I think Klaus may have been the one standing in the middle of the road,'' He stated.