Chapter 6

Bella's POV......

" What if you could?"

I looked at him in shock.

" What do you mean?"

" My type of vampire can compel humans. I could compel you to forget Edward."

" Do you think it would work?"

I really felt that this could be the solution to my pain.

" Let me try."

He turned to face me and got close to my face.

"You are going to forget the Edward and all the pain he has caused you,"

I could see his eyes dilate.

" Now, who is Edward?"

"I still remember Damon. It's not working,'' I sighed.

He looked confused.

" Have you taken vervain? It blocks compulsion and is dangerous to vampires."

" No I swear," I told him. He looked on the ground confused.

" I don't understand why it wouldn't work. I've never met anyone resistant to compulsion who isn't on vervain."

Thats when I remembered. Edward couldn't read my mind. My mind is  broken.

" Edward could read minds. For some reason he couldn't read mine. Maybe my mind blocks any type of power. Like a shield," I suggested.

" That makes sense," He said nodding. " But I wonder why."

I shrugged my shoulders.

" I guess I just have to move on the normal way."

" Well I for one am glad that you're here. I don't have many friends so I am always on the look out for more," He said suggestively. I smiled.

" We'll be the best of friends,'' I told him.

" I'm going to go. You need to sleep. "

I stood up with him. We walked down the stairs quietly. However, on the last step I slipped. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact of the floor but it never came.

I opened my eyes slowly to see Damon looking down at me, holding me a few feet from the ground.

" Thanks," I breathed.

" You're welcome," He whispered. His face was close to mine and I couldn't help but look at his lips.

He stood me up slowly. He opened the door and stepped out.

" Bye,'' He said. I waved a goodbye and watched as he got in his car and drove away.

That night I had no nightmares.

I woke up the next day with a new look in my eyes.

Life.

I could even see a deeper color in my skin. My cheeks were more flushed. Lips were rosy. I had no dark circles under my eyes.

I truly looked more alive.

I quickly got ready and made a quick breakfast for Charlie and me.

" Wow Bells, you look like you got lots of sleep last night."

''Yeah I slept like a log,''

We ate in silence the rest of the meal. It wasn't a torturing kind of silence. It was comfortable. 

" Well I have to head out, I'm heading to the station to meet Liz and Damon,'' Charlie said getting up.

My head shot up.