Chapter 26

Bella's POV....
Shock filled my head. Along with fear.
" That means he knows about me,'' I said. Elijah nodded.
" The plan may be compromised,'' He said.
" Okay! back to my plan, lets kill that motherfucker old school. I'll rip his heart out,'' Damon exclaimed. Elijah and I ignored him.
" Wait so whats going to happen,'' I asked anxious.
" I have to figure something out, for now just keep yourselves alive. You don't go anywhere by yourself understand?'' ELijah said to me.
" But-"I protested.
" NO BUTS. You were in a car crash, he tried to kill you. He may not know that your a vampire now. You're in danger. I-We cannot have you die,'' He said firmly. I nodded my head and put my hands up in surrender.
" Okay, I get it,'' I said. Elijah stood from the couch.
" I'll call you,'' He said.
" Okay,'' I led him out to the door while Damn waited int he living room. Elijah turned to me and stared. I was surprised when he pulled me to his chest. I felt something go through my body, almost like a force. I pushed him away. He looked hurt.
" Wait!,'' I said when he was about to walk away. I grabbed his hand and felt the force again.
" I can feel something when you touch me,'' I explained. He looked confused as I held his hand. The force lasted a few more seconds until it stopped. I dropped his hand.
" It stopped.'' I said.
" I think you may hav absorbed some power off of me,'' He stated. I looked at his confused.
" But you're just a vampire,'' I said confused.
" I'm an original vampire,'' He corrected, " I think you now have the special abilities that make us different from regular vampires.''
" What is taking so long,'' Damon asked coming out the house. I turned to face him.
" I absorbed some of Elijah's powers,'' I said getting a little excited. Damon frowned.
" How did that happen?''
" When I grabbed his hand,'' I said.
" It seems, that when having physical contact you can absorb the power,'' Elijah observed.
" That doesn't make sense. Elizabeth,-" Elijah flinched, " Touched Klaus a lot and she didn't get his powers,'' I said.
" There must be something deeper," Elijah said. I nodded in agreement. " I'll be back, I am going to go get some stuff from my house .''
" I'll go with you,'' I interjected
"I think twill be best if you stay with, Mr. Salvatore,'' ELijah said lowly.
" Actually, " Damon interjected, " I'm going to go find my brother and tell him about this information. I think they deserve to know about Klaus perhaps being here. You should go.''
He had a hard look on his face that I couldn't read
" Are you sure?'' I asked.
" Yeah, go with him,'' He said, he tried to smile.
" Okay, I'll come over later,'' I reassured. He tried to smile again as he nodded.With a blink of an eye he was gone. I turned to Elijah.
" Shall we go?'' He asked. I nodded. He was about to run but I stopped him.
" Wait, How do I do this?''
" Just run, it will come naturally,'' he said. I can do this. I felt it. It was amazing. This doesn't compare to being carried at all. I laughed as the wind blew my hair. Literally two seconds later and we arrived at Elijah's big mansion.
" I have some things that belonged to Elizabeth,'' He said through a clenched jaw.
" It's okay to say her name,'' I said softly.
" These were her diaries. I never read them. I found them in her chambers after she was killed. I havent even looked at the since then,'' He said as he pulled a box full of diaries.
" I presume some of our questions can be answered through these.''
" Well let's begin reading,'' I said.
Hours passed. It was already dark outside and there wasn't much information in these diaries. There wasn't much of anything. The only thing that I confirmed was that Elizabeth was as slutty vampire, Katherine and her would be best friends. I sighed as I reached for another book.
I met these vampires, the original vampires. They seem to have abilities that normal vampires don't have. However, there is one that I am particularly intrigued by, Niklaus. Dashing as ever, he's a hybrid,, werewolf and vampire. I need the abilities he has. He can't be killed the same way his brothers can. It will make me stronger than even him. I just need a way to find a way to get close to him. His brother, Elijah, seems to have taken a liking in me. I suppose I will utilize him to get close to his brother. Its going to be tricky to absorb his powers considering I have my humanity off and I need to develop an emotional connection with him. I guess I have to connect through anger or hate. Oh well.
" Elijah! I found something,'' I said. He came close to me.
" It says here that in order to absorb the powers,you have to make a physical and emotional connection,'' I said, " ELizabeth shut of her humanity so it was near impossible for her to make an emotional connection towards Klaus ."
" Let me see,'' Elijah said reaching for the book. I pulled it back before could. I didn't want him to read the part where she talk about him basically being useless.
" I think it's best if you didn't,'' I said softly. He took the diary from my hands and read it. If fidgeted   I saw his eyes move through the page.
" Well, I guess that answers that then,'' He said as he cleared his throat.
" Are you okay?" I asked.
" Yes, it's just hard to actually hear that she never cared for me, not even an ounce,'' He said as he turned from me. I touched his shoulder.
" Well, if it helps I care about you,'' I said hopeful. He turned to look at me with unreadable expression.
" Do you really?'' He asked. I smiled.
" Of course, you're helping keep the people I love safe,'' I answered honestly, " I think it was proven by the way I absorbed your powers."
" Right,'' he said, " I think it's best if you leave now.''
I frowned.
" Did I do something wrong?''
" No no, it's late you should get back. I'm sure Damon is waiting for you,'' He said with a clenched jaw. I'm beginning to think that Damon's assumptions about Elijah might be true. I decided not to pry.
" Alright, well I'll see you later?''
" Sure,'' He tried to smile.
Elijah's POV......
I watched her leave. She was probably going to his house again. I hate that she gets to go into his arms. I wish she would stay here with me. I know I shouldn't feel like this; she is not mine. I can't help it, the moment I saw her I instantly fell in love with her. She was nothing like Elizabeth, she is loving and caring. Over all beautiful. I sighed as she got out of view. If only she would feel the same.
" I didn't peg you for the type to fall for the same girl, brother.''
I turned around.
" Niklaus."