35

Note: It's been what? Three months. Sorry it took long and I know nobody's reading this anymore but I would continue updating it 'till I finished this book then I would pause (pause not stop) writing fanfictions but I would still continue writing books.

But if a lot of people is still reading this and I had a lot of inspiration for a sequel, or spin off, I would. Okay. Bye. I'm done talking to no one in particular. Lol

- - -

Chapter 35

Flashbacks (Because a lot of you requested)

I rested my head on the steering wheel then I look at the place in front of me. It's the memorial park, whatever you call it. I wonder why they call it that, am I supposed to see some kind of memory-life scan because right at the moment, there's nothing flashing in my mind at all. Well, except for the tipsy imaginations where I get to live my life with her.

I hopped out of my car with flowers in my hand as I head to that certain grave.

Mariel Yvonne Edwards.

I crouched down to put the flowers on the stone which shows the letters that looks like it's been carved ages ago. I stared at my feet back at the name and somewhat ending up at the scene in front of me.

"Mom," I spoke softly. "I - hey."

This is only my second time visiting her and I didn't even do a thing at the first time. Not even cry. The truth is I just stared at it for what seems like forever and then ran. I didn't even bought her flowers that time, at least I made up for it?

"I'm sorry I don't visit you, I was just scared you know? I mean, not the paranormal things but I was scared to finally see the truth, about dad, about my brother. Where the hell are they? Why do you have to die so soon?" Tears were already rolling in my cheeks. "Maybe, maybe if you were here you'd tell me what to do. Mom, I know I've never met you but I miss you and I love you and I hope you were here to tell me what to do."

I sobbed quietly and used my handkerchief to wipe my tear-stained cheek.

"I thought maybe I could just forget about him but in a simple mention of his name, it just comes in one huge wave and I just can't bring myself to move forward." It seems like my heart is beating in my throat right now and my skin is tight on my bones. Imaginary thorns sting on my throat as I continue my lame sobbing.

"I wish you were here."

I was just standing there in silence, probably waiting for a sign or something. That's when someone spoke from behind.

"Elha, what are you doing here?"

I turn around, almost slipping on my own feet as I choke out, "Gabriel?"

× × × × ×

My first instinct was to run, to escape it all. To just hide, to curl into a ball at the corner of my bed. I know I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions but it seems like I know all too well where this is heading.

"H-hey." I choked out nervously, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm gonna visit my mom." He explained, with that infamous smile of his.

Don't jump to conclusions, Elha. Don't jump to conclusions.

"Behind you."

Two words. Two words to make my whole world shatter. It was all a jigsaw puzzle, I thought I've figured it all out but everything was just a mere illusion. A maze where I thought I finally found my way out but it was just another dead end.