28

Chapter 28.

"So do you like it?" Elha leaned in to me with a fork in her hand as she watch me take a bite of the chocolate cake she baked which apparently is really, really good.

"It's fucking great." I complimented, taking another fork from the whole plate of cake disgustingly. Elha pulled away the cake, frowning at me.

"Where are your manners?" She chuckled, taking a bite from the side I took a bite from.

"So, it's my turn to ask a question." I told her, slowly bringing up my offer for a date. "What's your answer?"

"Isn't it already obvious?" She questioned, forking the cake again and shoving it inside her mouth. Obviously, we're eating this cake all by ourselves.

I frowned at her, since she told me that she'll think about it. What's obvious in that? Is she rejecting me?

"So it's a no?" A frown etched in my face then it seems like he mimick my actions seconds after when I see the same frown on her face.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Do you think I'll share the cake if my answer is a no?" She response in a 'duh' tone like everything was so obvious.

"So sharing a cake means yes?" I asked again, my eyes probably lighting up with joy.

"Sharing a cake obviously means yes." She repeated, stressing on the word obviously.

"Yes?" I asked once again and my heart went from vigorous thumps to subtle beats. This time, it was because of joy.

"Yes. How many times do I have to repeat it?" She giggled, swiping her finger in my nose, probably wiping the icing.

I got the remaining icing from my spoon and mimick her actions, "You look so cute."

"Oh do I see an icing here? Let's wipe it off." She wipes above my lips, probably putting an icing mustache. "You look amazing!"

"Thank you very much, now let's wipe the icing over here." I pointed on her right cheek. "And here." Left cheek. "And here." On her nose.

"Do you realize how disgusting this is?" She asked once again, taking a bite from the remaining slices of the cake.

"I don't." I said, putting another icing on her face that I got from my spoon. She raised her arms up to protect herself and got up from her seat.

"That's from your damn mouth! With your saliva in it!" She whined, running away from me even though her face is still covered with the icing I put a while ago. "Stoooop!"

"You won't be saying that tonight, if you know what I mean." I winked at her direction and she cringed in disgust.

"You're a pervert icing monster." She pouted, facing her spoon in front of me like it would sent me away, like some cross in front of a monster. "Time out, okay? I'm tired."

"So, about the date. How about six o' clock tomorrow?" She was on the other side of the counter while I was on the other.

"Six o' clock tomorrow sounds good."

-

One weeks and six days.

I can't help but count how many days I had left with Elha, it's like our own infinity. The thing is, some infinities are smaller than the others and somehow, Elha gave me infinity within the numbered days.

This is probably the effect of Elha forcing me to read The Fault In Our Stars, now I'm talking about some deep shit here. But definitely, she's not Hazel Grace and I'm not Augustus Waters because who wanted to die at the end of our love story?