42

((BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE I JUST WANNA SAY THAT LUKE FUCKING HEMMINGS SHAVED. HOLY SHIT. ME EZ DEd. DASALL. LUKE HEMMINGS AT THE SIDE BECAUSE FUIC))

Chapter 42.

Micaelha.

Shit. I'm meeting Luke. Shit.

"Elha. Calm down." Britney laughed, as she entered my room throwing a pen at me. "Thanks for the pen!"

"What was that for?!" I yelled and she just giggled before leaving the room.

2:42

I barely have twenty minutes and I'm still on my sweatpants and oversized shirt. I quickly slipped off my clothes and decided to wear a random shirt and some jeans.

2:50

Once I'm done, I bid goodbye to Britney and then I headed to the park where we first met. I decided to take a cab instead because that would calm my nerves better.

2:57.

I'm not even late and I could not see the familiar face of Hemmings. I thought he would b here early.

3:15

Still not a single sight of the blondie. I checked my phone if he texted me but there isn't one.

3:47

I'm here for almost an hour and there's still no Luke Hemmings showing up.

4:02

It's fucking raining. Great. Even great, I didn't bring an umbrella.

4:22

My phone rang for the first time as I waited under a damn tree as rain pours down heavily.

From: luke.

I can't come. Sorry x

Too much for fixing things. Had enough of this Hemmings' bullshit.

Luke.

Saturday. 10:00

Shit. This is the day. Fuck.

It's not like I got any sleep at all, I slept at three o'clock and woke up thirty minutes later. I just couldn't remove the fact that I'm seeing Elha. I'm fixing things now and stop being a huge fuck-up.

Shower. I need a shower.

I slipped off my clothes and dropped them to the clothes hamper and I grabbed new towels from the cabinet.

Even in the shower, the water failed to wash away the thoughts of Elha. That's the effect that Elha's got on me ever since she came crashing into my life.

After the shower, I dried myself and decided to shave my growing beard in hopes that it would reduce the nervousness I've been feeling.

I slipped on a plain white V-neck t-shirt and black skinny jeans that isn't ripped on the knee.

After that, I decided to take some lunch and then wasting my time getting ready on the things that I would do when I meet Elha this afternoon.

My phone has been ringing non-stop so I decided to check it.

From: Sophie

hey luke we need to talk please

From: Sophie

i need you right now please

From: Sophie

just come

From: Sophie

im at the hospital

That was her last text. Before you ask, Sophie is my pretend-to-be girlfriend or at least the media thinks we're dating. Most fans knew it's a publicity stunt although, of course, I couldn't confirm that.

2:03

Just half an hour, then I could go meet Elha so I hurriedly went downstairs and drive to the hospital stated in her texts.

Once I arrived, I realized that she didn't give me her room so I had to ask the nurse at the counter.

"May I ask what room is Sophia Rodriguez' staying in?" I questioned and the nurse only looked up from her clipboard.

"And how are you related to the patient?" She asked, raising one of her brows. Hospitals ain't so fun.

"I'm her, uh, boyfriend." I answered, not-so-truthfully.

The nurse looks at me suspiciously but answered, "Room 307, third floor."

"Right, thanks." I gave an awkward thumbs before heading the elevator.

3rd floor.

301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306.

Right. Next one.

307.

I contemplated whether I should knck or just barge inside the room but of course, I know better than to just suddenly barge in.

My fist rapped on the door and soon enough, a middle-aged woman opened it for me. She looks really similar to Sophie so I guess this was her mother.

"Oh, Luke. Come on in. Sophie's been waiting for you." She smiled warmly and when I entered inside, I could see Sophie paler than ever. Her face wasn't caked with make-up and the bags under her eyes were visible and her lips were white and chapped.

She's beautiful even without the make-up on, but right now, she looks. . . wilted. Like life was slowly being sucked from her.

"I'll leave you guys here to talk." Sophie's mom said before leaving the room as I awkwardly stand beside Sophie's bed.

"What's happening?" I asked, deciding to sit down at the chair beside the bed just so I could be on her level.

She managed a smile before saying, "I'm dying, Luke."

Tears were running down her pale face but she still had the smile plastered on her face. She wasn't even looking at me, she's staring at the white ceiling above us.

"I guess we all are. I'm just dying faster, you know? Stupid cancer." She let out a laugh then she turned her head to look at me. "I know, you don't really love me or even like me for that matter. I guess it's too stupid to ask but. . ."

She paused and take a deep breath then closed her eyes before opening them again, "Could you please, just stay with me until this is all over? Please."

"I, uh, why me, Sophie?" I stuttered those words out, not really getting what situation I'm currently in right now.

"I know, it's stupid of me to think that you'll stay but all I'm asking is for you to stay. Stay until this is all over. Three months is all I'm asking for."

She's taking deep breaths and I knew she was having a hard time. Now, I have to make decisions again which only leads to me fucking things up.

I heaved a sigh and finally answered, "Okay, I'll stay."

-----------------------------------------

POOR ELHA. :-( SHE HAD TO WAIT FOR NOTHING BUT LUKE HAS REASONS OKAY. IM SORREH FOR FUCKING THINGS UP ONCE AGAIN.

THERE'S ONLY LIKE 2-3 CHAPTERS LEFT BEFORE THE EPILOGUE. HEHEHE. I WILL FINISH THIS BEFORE SUMMER ENDS.

Do me a favor and check out my story Philippines and Text Messages. I'll be working on that after this.

Although, do you guys think I should write a spin-off of this for Elha and Ashton? I REALLY HAVE A GOOD IDEA LOL 😂😂 YAH OR NAH?

Goal: 50 votes and 50 comments.

-nikki❤