Chapter 65

I went back upstairs quickly to change into my second dress, my taualuga. It is a traditional Samoan dance that the bride performs for her family. I have already spoken to Jey and Jimmy to help me and they've spoken to a few of their other cousins to assist and perform a Siva Tau dance as well. The Siva Tau is the Samoan version of the New Zealand haka and it's very important in the Samoan heritage.

 The Siva Tau is the Samoan version of the New Zealand haka and it's very important in the Samoan heritage

Before I walked in the music changed and the DJ signaled for everyone to come to the dance floor. Jimmy, Jey, and Matt were standing with me, they all gave me a kiss and a hug before going inside. They were going to make sure that Le, Sika, and Lisa were all at the front.

As soon as I walked in they knew what it was and I could see the emotion on my in-law's faces which told me that I made the correct choice. My twins were there for me the whole way and I finished the dance a little emotional myself. Sika walked over to me and kissed me on both cheeks and his wife did the same.

"You are amazing." Le whispered, pressing his lips against mine.

"I feel amazing, I wanted to do something special."

"That was amazing." he said.

"It's not over quite yet."

"What do you . . . holy shit."

I stood in the room to see the Siva Tau dance and it was something else. The emotion, the pure and raw emotion on their faces is something that you don't see every day. Every single one of them enjoyed it, from the older generation to the younger ones. It really is something special to see, this is pure heritage. Something that you don't see every day and I know that all of them are very attached to their culture so I wanted to do something special.

Dwayne took over the Siva Tau and it is just something so beautiful to see. Le, Sika, Matt, and even Rikishi joined in. It was fun and you could see in their movements how in sync they all are as a family.

After the dance was over and all of the men were talking amongst themselves, Le thanking everyone, I took advantage and went to put my dress back on. I was surprised to see Lisa in the room while my makeup artist was fixing my face.

"Hey, what's up mom? Are you okay?" I asked my mother-in-law, she insisted that I call her mom.

"I wanted to come up and say thank you, honey, while we still had a chance to talk." she replied, taking my hands in hers.

"Thank you? For what?"

"For everything that you've done for my family. Including the dances, that was such a touching moment for us."

"There was a lot of my catholic traditions here, it was the least I could do. This is supposed to be about both of us, all of our families, and that means including each other's traditions. It was really important to me that you all felt represented as well."

"You are too much, that was really amazing and the family loved it. They were very impressed that you thought to add it into the reception at all." she said when the makeup artist finished with me.