Chapter 1

"Come on, Ari, let's go get dinner." my best friend whined.

"I'm not finished, Trinity." I told her, letting out a deep breath and dropping the weights that I was lifting.

After being out of the ring for four months due to an injury I've taken my training even more seriously, to make sure that I'm in the best shape ever. The basement of my house was turned into a gym when I bought it and I take advantage of it.

"It's a sure bet that you're gonna get cleared tomorrow, so you can stop training. Can we go eat now?" she insisted.

"Trin . . ."

"Overexerting yourself won't help you. I'm hungry now." she complained like a five-year-old.

"You're worse than a kindergartener, you know that?"

"I'm hungry!"

"I cooked before you got here because I know how much of a pain in the ass you are." I said, wiping the sweat off of my face.

"You already cooked? What did you make?" she asked, bouncing on the sofa.

"I know what you like so I made beef and broccoli, I've got some lo-mein to cook with it."

"Oh my God, I swear that I love you." she said, running up the stairs.

"I swear that you love me for my cooking." I countered, following her out of the basement.

"That might be true."

"Fuck you Trin. So, where's your half of the Uso twindom and the kids?"

"They're having a daddy and kids day. Going to the movies, arcade, waterpark or wherever else the kids chose to go."

"Why didn't you go, they love you?"

"And I love them but I told Jimmy that he needed to spend time with them. They needed a daddy day without me, they're the best kids ever."

"They're so big now, I can't believe it. Okay, I'm gonna put the beef on low to heat up while I take a quick shower. When I get out, I'll make the noodles so get comfortable in the meantime. I have beers in the fridge if you want some." I told her.

"You spoil me more than my husband, I might have married the wrong person." she said.

"With that ass, honey, if I were a lesbian I would fight for you." I told her, listening to her laugh as I made my way up to the second level of the house.

After the shower, I pulled on some sweats and another sports bra since I don't plan on going out anywhere. My hair was left up in a messy bun as I walked downstairs barefoot. I found Trinity on the phone so I went to the kitchen to finish the food.

"Everything okay?" I asked her when she walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah, Jimmy was giving me a play by play of his day with the kids. They're staying with him tonight since I'm crashing with you honey boo."

"Girls night."

"Hell yeah, well after Jimmy and the kids leave."

"Trin, why haven't the two of you had children yet?" I asked.

"He's okay with the fact that I'm not ready." she snipped.

"Alrighty there sport, wanna tell me what that was about?"

"Nothing, I just . . . I don't wanna stop now. My career is finally lighting up and I'm not ready to cool it down yet."

"Did you get the implant?" I asked, thinking back to a previous conversation.