Chapter 31

"I um . . . I was pregnant Alice and he knew, that's when we broke up." I whispered, not looking her in the eyes.

"You were pregnant?"

"He got mad at me one day, um . . . I don't really remember why, a lot of things made him angry, but he hit me and just kept hitting me. I fell to the ground and he kicked me twice in the stomach before telling me to clean myself up."

"What happened after?" she fearfully asked.

"He had one of his friends drive me to an er out of town. I told them I was a fighter so they wouldn't call the cops and they told me that I lost the baby among a few other things that he broke. That's when I knew that I had to get out. That's when we told everyone I was in an accident."

"Oh my God, he . . ."

"I didn't want anyone to know, didn't plan on this getting out but he wouldn't give up, Alice. I told him that I wasn't getting back with him. I've been telling him that for months now but he's delusional, saying that I was just playing hard to get and that I would go back to where I belong which is by his side. He killed our baby, he took it upon himself to cheat on me and kill our baby. I would never go back to him after that." I told her.

"I need to talk to my daughters." Alice whispered.

"I want to go, we've got a show to prepare for. I'm sorry Alice." I said, before walking away.

"Why didn't you tell me about the ribs?" my dad demanded.

"Can we get over the fact that I didn't tell you all about everything that happened?"

"No." both my dad and Paul chorused.

"I'm with them on this." Le said, making me sigh.

"Yes, he broke a rib or two on more than one occasion. I didn't tell either of you because I know how volatile you can be when angry. No, I'm not comparing you to him, I know it's a different kind of anger. What I'm saying is that I know that you would've done worse to him than he did to me and I wanted to avoid that from happening. I know how both of you are." I told them.

"Yeah, I probably would've beaten his ass." dad said, making me laugh.

"I'm gonna have to testify against him."

"That won't . . ."

"It's gonna happen, dad, he's gonna fight the charges. Alice knows the truth but that doesn't mean that she won't cover for her son. Trevor's her little boy, he's her favorite and he will take advantage of that. I'm gonna have to testify dad."

"My lawyer will take care of this, you will not testify. He's going to jail for domestic violence and that case will go down without a hitch. I'll have my lawyer go to the hospital you went to, they should still have your case file." Paul said.

"Thank you." I said curtly.

"It's nothing, Shane and Vince are going to be there tonight. They confirmed with me this morning and they want to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore so tell them not to bother to come. If they insist then you can tell them what happened."

"Ari . . ."

"I'm not interested in talking to them, dad, not the people who are more than willing to make bank by selling my personal life. You agreed to deal with them on storylines not me and I was forced into it. I won't talk to them, not about this, not about the storyline either. I don't want to talk about this anymore or at all." I said, interrupting my father.

"You're gonna have to talk to us sometime." Paul said sadly.

"Work-related conversations yes, it's the only thing that we need to talk about. You did this, you made things this way so don't forget that. I'm done here, I've got Raw to prepare for." I told them, walking out of the room with Le.