Chapter 14

"Lucas is gonna go crazy tonight." aunt Hannah said.

"Hey, big shot! Don't you have a date to get ready for? Bring me the bag with my clothes!" I shouted after I walked back over to the door.

"Oh shit! I got a new ride for my date! You're the best Ari, here." he said, kissing my cheek when he ran inside.

"Seriously though you are." Anna said, hugging me.

"I'm family, nothing special here."

What would've been another lonely night at home turned into a night of laughs and good company with my family. We video chatted my mom who still lives in the same house I grew up in - in Brooklyn. The girls showed her everything that I got them and my aunts too. Mom is used to the extravagant gifts so she doesn't bat an eye but I still catch her off guard most of the times.

My aunts and the girls went to bed early and Lucas was on his date. Aunt Bea and Hanna work tomorrow and Anna's got school. Marie has motherhood, which suits her down to the bone. When Lucas got home around 2 am I was still awake and watching tv in the living room.

"So, how was your date?"

"She sure was surprised when I drove up in that Rav4. Thank you Ari."

"I knew you wanted it and it was as good of an excuse as any to get a new one." I told him.

"It went good, I like her." he said, plopping into the sofa next to me.

"How long have you been seeing her?"

"About three months now, I think she might be good for me you know. Karli's a good girl, she's got her head on her shoulders. She's smart, so damn smart and funny, witty, beautiful." he said.

"Aww, you're falling in love."

"I think I am. What about you? I saw what Ricochet did on twitter."

"He's an idiot but I think this time it finally went through his skull that it's not gonna happen again."

"What about Roman Reigns, what's going on there?"

"You know what Lucas, I have absolutely no idea. He wants to take me out on a date, we've been texting for the past few hours and it all started with twitter flirting."

"Do you like him?"

"I do."

"Then go for it."

"I already said yes to the date so we'll see what happens after."

"When's the date?"

"In two days."

"So Friday night?"

"Yeah, I'm going on a date. I don't know where he's taking me and he won't tell me either. I don't know if it's a good idea but I'm going for it."

"Good, you deserve to be happy."

"Who said I wasn't happy?"

"I'm your cousin Ari, you're not Camilla Blaze here. No, here you're Arianna Angle, and you might be five years older than me but we grew up together and I know you. I can see it in your eyes, we just want you to be happy."

"He really did a number on me."

"If it wasn't for the fact that he can break me in less than ten seconds I would've beaten his ass."

"Funny guy but I appreciate the sentiment."

"You don't have to buy us things you know."

"What?"