Two Halves of the Story : Chapter 28

iv been here for what I believed to have been maybe 3 weeks?, and with the lack of food my body has started to thin in places I didn't think could show bone. My skin was paler then usual and my cheeks had lost all colour. I felt like a walking skeleton.

For the millionth time I'm circling the house trying to find some means of escaping. Windows? Nope they're all fake ... The Front door is bolted to extreme measures leaving that possibility hopeless. Jayde has pretty much given up on any hope of escaping so she's calmly accepted her so called 'fate'.

"Come one you can't just sit there!" I yelled.

"Look Light there's no way out just accept it and move on" she snapped back.

"Well then screw you! I'm getting out of here cause I know what that women will do to us eventually!" I snapped back.

"What like your face?" Jayden asked.

"Don't want to talk about it..." I mumbled angrily.

I said realising we had missed a patch of blood stained to the floor from mothers last victim.

~*~*~*~*~Yesterday~*~*~*~*~

We heard a massive door slam shut as screams echoed throughout the house sending fear through our bodies. Mother then came through the front door with a guest.

"LET ME GO!"

He screamed thrashing at mothers hand who had a tight grip on the scared boy. The guest she had bring in looked like any ordinary boy, brown messy hair, his teary eyes where a dull brown, his clothes were tattered form being dragged across the rough ground and had several dirt stains. Jayde and I sat silently in fear in our positions as she dragged the boy with no problems at all and a mischievous look written on her face as they boy vanished into the 'adjustment' room, I shuddered at the word.

I sat with my legs crossed and the same book in my hand I was given three weeks ago, and my face staring straight forward as I tried to block out the blood curdling screams erupting form the room. Jayde sat on the opposite couch with knitting needles literally frozen in fear as her hands shook uncontrollably.

"AGGGH!"

The boy screamed.

"N...no P..please N..NO PLEASE!"

The door swung open as the boy boy crawled out whimpering, his hands thrashed around as he lugged only half his body out of the 'adjustment' room. Guts flowed from his upper half making me want to gag and cry. His bloody hands making a mark as he pushed himself forward scrambling madly trying to get away from mother who now stood over him.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Mother laughed psychotically.

"H..help...p..please!"

He cried at me as his eyes widened in utter fear as he watched his life flash before watching a machete plummet into his chest and ending his life.

"Clean it up, this ones broken"

Mother mumbled calmly before walking of and disappearing past the sealed front door. Terrified I didn't move, I couldn't as the boys lifeless body layer I front of me. All I could do was stare as he took his final breath. Jayde disappeared into the small hallway and came back with a bucket full of chemicals and cleaning supplies.

"Come one, we need to get this cleaned before she returns"

Jayde stated in a rush as she started fiercely scrubbing the blood trail.

"Umm" I mumbled

"What?" Jayde snapped clearly annoyed that I haven't moved.

"W...where's his other half?" I stuttered.

We both turned our head towards the 'adjustment' room. Jayde gave me a look telling me she wasn't going to go anywhere near there and she was to busy cleaning the first half. Sighing in silent defeat, I shakily stood up and stepped around jayde and the half corpse and took tiny steps towards the room. With a body bag in hand I entered.

Inside the lights flickered widely between life and death as they struggled to stay lit, the room stink of decay and death as the sounds of buzzing filled my ears. Follow OMG the budding I came to stand in front of the other half which hung lazily off the side of the adjusting table with blood stains and maggots. Gagging I placed the body bag on the floor beside the table where the body hung.

"I'm so sorry..." I mumbled

Placing my hands out in front I lightly pushed the body off the edge of the table.

'Splat'

It landed in the body bag, cautiously I zipped the bag up and dragged the half upstairs to where jayde had finished cleaning.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After yesterday we didn't exactly talk or notice each others existence.

~*~*~*~*~Elighs Point of View~*~*~*~*~

"What do you mean you still have nothing!"

Damien growled loudly at the head chief.

"I'm sorry sir their was nothing left behind or given to start any sort of investigation, the best we can do is send as many volunteer and police search parties out as we can"

The chief quivered as Damien gave him daggers.

Leaving Damien to his own errands I grabbed his car keys and drove down the dirt road towards the small town on the edge of the forest to continue my search for Light.

It's been three weeks and I miss her to the point were it hurts just thinking about her, I miss her laugh, her smile, I ... I miss her. Wiping stray tears I arrived at the small town of Bluestone.