Suprise! : Chapter 24

~*~*~*~*~Unknown Point Of View~*~*~*~*~
I laid her across the metal table and made sure that the leather straps were tight and secure, with the last adjusted the doll came to life. With a slow scan of the room her eyes met mine and she started thrashing and screaming, pleading for mercy it disgusted me, such a lack of matters I saved her from the streets and this is my payment.

"P..please let me go! I won't tell anyone I promise ... I..just ..p..please!" She sobbed through rapid tears and ragged breaths.

Tauntingly I pulled my knife from my dress and flashed it before her terrified eyes then softly placed the tip of my silver knife on her chest and moved it upwards towards her cheek, piercing her skin leaving a long line of red as she cried harder. I could see her staring at the device connected to the table a medieval device that was designed to stretch its victims dislocation the limbs internally leaving them limp like a toy.

I gave my, hopefully, soon to be doll in my new collection a smile as I turned the massive wooden lever, with in turn pulled the straps holding her body together further apart slowly stretching her arms and legs as she screamed in pain.

"You shouldn't be screaming! It shouldn't hurt! You're a doll dolls don't feel!" I shouted at her stupidity and spun the wheel rapidly in anger ripping the girl before me apart. Blood flew coating the cellars walls.

"no no NO!" I screamed in pure anger as the new doll I brought home broke and fell silent.

With a sigh of anger and disappointment I gathered the girls parts and placed her neatly with in a small box just big enough to fit her perfectly, and left a note on top and sent her back to the store who knows maybe they can fix her?.

~*~*~*~*~Lights Point Of View~*~*~*~*~

The White, fluffy, cold ice fell from the sky gracefully landing on the ground covering the grass in white sheets. This is the first time iv even felt something so cold yet amazing, well amazing till I was hit by a small ball of it, with a snappy turn of my hell I came face to face with a historically laughing Eligh. I tried my best to mimic Eligh clumping a massive ball of soft snow into my hands with my heart set on hitting him square in the chest.

With a flick of my wrist and a swing of my arm I sent the snow ball flying towards Eligh, luckily he had taken cover behind a semi thick tree. I laughed as snow the had fallen on top of the tree that came to rest fell covering Eligh in a blanket of cold.

"Ahh cold!" Eligh jumped shaking of the snow sending it flying in different directions.

"Karma" I laughed.

"I have an idea, wait right here" he said in a rush as I bolted inside.

I wonder what he's up to? I stood by myself kicking the soft white snow around making it fly a few feet before landing back on the ground till I heard the front door slam shut again as Eligh ran back out with his arms full of odd objects.

"What's all this for?" I asked as he let the items in his arms fall into the patio. Amongst the items was a large orange carrot, several black pebbles from the pot plants on the lounge room coffee table, an old red, green and purple scarf, plus a beanie that had a few threads loose and a couple of holes.

"We are going to make your first snowman!" Eligh said enthusiastically with a massive childish grin planted on his lips.

"A snowman? I don't get it" I replied truthfully.

I watched as he sat up and started rolling a ball of snow across the ground increasing the size of his original small snow ball.

"Well don't just stand their and watched come help" he chuckled.

We began rolling this now big snow ball up the miniature hill beside out house making sure not to crush anything along the way, with a lot of muscle Eligh and I had reached the top ready to release it down the hill.

"1..2...3 push!" I giggled as I watched the massive snow ball grow and grow as it neared the bottom of the hill. Turning my hand I saw Eligh just about to run down the hill with a swift unthought action I gave him a push and he slid down the hill with a gasp. Laughing I jumped down after him.

Thump

I came in contact with Eligh sledding down the hill.

"Ouch" he laughed brushing of the snow and helping me to my feet.

The snow ball was now nearly the same height as me, I stared in awe as Eligh added two more rather large snowballs I top of the massive one that now sat in front our cosy home.

"So what's the carrot for?" I asked Eligh in curiosity. Picking it up he answered my question by stabbing it right in the middle of the top snowball.

"Right.. And the pebbles?" Again he gave me a silent answer by giving the snow man a wide curled smile and two just above the carrot spread as apart. Come to think of it, it kind of looks like a face. Placing the beanie and scarf on he deemed it finished.

"Perfect" he smiled at his masterpiece.

A massive gust of wind then blew past nipping at my skin sending shivers down my back. Eligh took as we've had enough outside and lead me back.

About an half an hour of watching Eligh try to lit the living room fire Father came in and lit it for him with a laugh at his failed attempted. The fire banished the cold that was stubbornly lingering in the room. I took a long sip of the hot chocolate Father had handed me not to long ago feeling it melt my frozen bones. The sun had fallen casting a shadow over the house as the moon rose to take its place. This was the first birthday that well first of all someone had remembered and second of all I was hiding away in fear.

Brushing away the thought I ate dinner and was about to headed up stairs for a well deserved rest when someone beckoned me back down to the kitchen. I turned around and skipped back down the steps and walked into the kitchen. It's was pitch black but to the other side I could see candles widely flicking coming closer to me. In a seconds time frame the lights flash on and my father and Eligh were standing in the middle of the kitchen with huge grins holding a cake.

The cake was stacked two tall, with a smooth deep blue icing, wrapped neatly in a white ribbon and white flowers scattered randomly amongst the sides. I stared in awe at the most delicious looking cake I've ever seen.

"Happy Birthday to you!" They sang in unison.

In about 10 min we had demolished the huge cake and I was famished. Going back to my original plan I headed back up stairs to have a nice warm bath. I entered the bath room and froze as the tiles were as cold as the snow outside with a quick leap I leapt to the bath mat and ran steamy hot water filling the bath almost to the brim. Stripping I dipped my foot in slowly and gasped as it was a tiny bit to hot. Taking a deep breath a sank into the tub and my muscles relaxed almost instantly warming my body.

Half an hour of attempting to swim in the bath a dried and changed into a long purple jumper that I wore to bed as a dress. I skipped down stairs to serve myself a drink but was brought to a halt by the sound of the doorbell echoing through the kitchen. Quickly I ran to the door and was met by Eligh who heard it rang also.

"Who is it?" I asked as he friend to peep through the window.

"I don't know"

Cautiously we opened the door and what I saw I couldn't believe, everything came flooding back to me.