Lost and Found : Chapter 26

Her beautiful face stared in awe at the lush surroundings.

The path we had just came in now was a wide open piece of land with a river softly flowing through the middle of newly bloomed cherry blossom trees. The wind blew graciously through the blossoms as they glided to the ground, the sun seemed to make everything glow like some sort of fairytale illuminating the dew drops that covered the ground left yesterday's snow, and just a head sat a white arched bridge with a clear grass patch to the other side of it.

I had found this place a few weeks after Light and I had moved here with a great deal of trouble finding my way back.

I reached for her handed and lead her towards the grass patch, light remainder speechless till we made it in the wooden bridge.

"Wow Eligh..." Said light in awe as she turned towards me, "this is amazing!" She smiled.

"I knew you would like it" I laughed as I could hear Light stomach growl in pure hunger.

I laughed harder and continued over the bridge to the clearing. Pulling out a small blue blanket from the woven basket I flicked it in the air and let it settle neatly on the ground giving a space to sit upon.

~*~*~*~*~Lights Point Of View~*~*~*~*~

We sat on a plain blue blanket with only each other for company, just enjoying the atmosphere we each emitted. Spending the hours just talking about whatever came to mind, and eating to our hearts content.

The view from where I was sitting was amazing, we had settled just off the bank of a long softly flowing river that shone under the sun like a diamond under light, the cherry blossom trees had just bloomed giving the sky a soft pink look. Butterflies occupied he flowers as animals occupied the trees and forest making the space seem like it was alive and bustling.

Time had come when the sun had started to set just at the end of the river washing over a golden glow.

"I didn't realise it was that late" Eligh sighed.

"We better head back before father starts to worry" I said packing our empty plates and cups back into the basket and folding the blanket neatly back into the basket as well.

For a while we stood in the centre of the creaky white bridge just staring a the beautiful sunset radiating warm colours through out the sky. A soft hand found its way to mine a swung me around coming face to face with Eligh.

"You know I would do anything to keep you safe right?" Eligh said out of know where.

"Y..yes of course!" I said in a surprised by his sudden question.

"And that I will never leave your side" he said wrapping his arms around my waist in a massive heart melting hug.

"I know Eligh..." I looked up staring right in to his blood red eyes our faces inches apart before I could register what was happening our lips met.

"well what do we have here..." An unknown raspy female like voice came from nowhere startling me out from Eligh's protective arms. Turning to where I thought I heard the voice a black figure stood just at the end of the bridge her hair matted her face look like it was chipping and in her hand held a metal bat that was now shinning under the newly risen moon that gave off a silver light.

"M..mother?" I gasped in horror, taken back I moved behind Eligh as he stepped forward.

"What do you want! Don't you think you've tortured us enough already?!" Eligh yelled putting on a brave face.

"Oh dear, tortured wouldn't be the word I would of used more like adjusting .. Perfecting..." Mother said with a sinister grin, "now I want my doll back".

"No" was all Eligh said making mother furious.

With the bat raised mother ran towards Eligh widely swinging it hoping to land a hit. With a massive WACK the bat came in contact with Elighs head sending him flying a few inches back. Before I could react a cloth covered my means of breathing and I blacked out as I felt my back scrap against rough rocks as mother dragged me away leaving Eligh to bleed death.