Hide & Seek : Chapter 20

Fear took over my body as I started to shake and break down. I kept telling myself this is just another nightmare, my mind playing tricks on me, evil nasty tricks. There's just no way.

"N...n...no....no no no!"

There she sat on the leather brown sofa in one piece, with a sinister grin painted on her face.

"Your mother has bravely come to join us in today's session hoping to find out what's wrong with you"

"N...no y..your s..suppose to be d...dead!"

I screamed trying to catch my breath in between.

"Hello my sweet dolls"

She chirped making me want to gag at the sound of her sickly voice. Then Eligh stepped in.

"What's this bitch doing here and how is she alive?!"

"After You and Light were caught by the police and taken away, I was rushed to the hospital with major internal and external injuries, with eleven stab wounds, the doctors said it was a miracle I survived"

In his eyes I could just see him playing out the scene of how he's going to kill her again so she stays dead this time. I carefully grab a hold of his hand to calm him, I lead him to the furthest sofa away from Mother. We sat and the session started.

"Can you tell your children your feelings about the accident?"

Doctor Fitch directed the question towards mother and the act began.

"Oh I was horrified I couldn't believe they had tried to kill me... Their own Mother ! I have no idea what I did to deserve it, I feed them, I cared for them, I gave them love, I gave then nothing but the best. Then one day they just turned and started to turn on me."

She choked through fake tears.

"First of all I'm NOT you child she kidnapped me! Abused me and literally played with me as if I was a puppet!"

Eligh spat back, over her lies. Mother pulled out a handkerchief and lightly dabbed away the fake tears away from her eyes and then placed it back in her pocket.

"Look what she did to our faces there's no excuses for that!"

Mothers grin grew wider. What could she be planning, somethings wrong and I don't like it. She sat with her back straight and her legs crossed, childishly playing with her nails.

"Oh dears, that was from a home intrusion the man was obviously obsessed with smiles. Don't you remember Light you opened the door for him?"

I stood up I don't want to listen to her lies any longer. The rage inside me just kept bubbling till I finally had the guts to let it flow out, mother just watched in amusement.

"YOU DID THIS TO ME YOU PINNED ME ON THE FLOOR AND DRAGGED YOUR KNIFE UP MY FACE AND TOLD ME NOT TO FROWN!!!"

The whole room fell silent, Eligh shot me a worried look, the doctor like always was writing down every move I made, and mother .... Still sat in the same spot with a taunting grin enjoying the show.

"Doctor can you please show them the case file?"

Doctor Fitch handed Eligh and I a thin yellow police case file with our photos pinned to the cover. Inside were dozens of papers and photos containing every detail of the home invasion to me opening the door to him pinning me down and scarring my face then to ELIGH rushing in to late. The boy who was the claimed intruder looked familiar like one of mothers victims is this how she gets rid of them?.

~*~*~*~*~Elighs Point Of View~*~*~*~*~

I watched carefully as Light opened the file and what was inside just blew a fuse in me, more bullshit, I can't believe she's getting away with this.

"What the fuck is this! It's a load of shit!"

I stood up with Light then launched myself at the bitch tackling her to the ground and started throwing punches at her face.

"GAURDS!"

Not with the guards again, not a moment later the two guards threw me off and brought me to my knees.

"I think that's session over for today we will continue Wednesday"

With a wave of the Doctors hand the guards dragged me out with Light tailing close behind. We ended up in he entertainment room, a massive area full of harmless games. People scattered every where, but where Light and I were standing like they were afraid.

"Sinners ...."

Someone whispered like if they were disgusted at the sight of us.
Ignoring the harsh words I found a clear table and made myself comfy with light opposite me.

"I don't like it in here..."

Light said observing the room.
The room itself was massive and not to many crowded, but the atmosphere gave me the chills, there was a women in the corner looking deranged and absent minded banging her head on the wall muttering nothing under her breath, there was a man slowly fingerprinting something disturbing on the White walls the rest were either occupying themselves with games or trying to complete conversations with out losing their minds.
The entire day went rather slow, like time had purposely a slowed to torture me. Every minute felt like an hour, an hour felt like an eternity. I spent most my time just watching light read, she would giggle occasionally, or tilt her head in confusion or curiosity, it was amusing how in to a book she would get. Something then pinched my arm.

"Ouch" I said slightly shocked at the sudden rough touch.
It was a boy blonde flicked hair, his face was lit with happiness.

"Would you play hide and seek with me?!" He asks barely containing his excitement.

"Sure you go hide I'll count to fifty ready?"

Without another word he was gone. Turning I faced the bare walls and started to count. 1....2....3 I wonder if they will really release us on Friday, 13....14.....15....16 what will happen once we move in with lights father. 34......35......36.......37 peaceful? Or is he just like her mother? 41......42.....43...... In no time at all I reached fifty.

"ready or not here I come!"

I shout catching some people's attention carefully I searched the room, under tables, behind shelves, he was no where to be seen so I dived security and started to search the eerie halls. I turned a corner and saw the boys shadow quickly dash across the hall as a kids laughter erupted echoing through the halls sending chills down my spine.

"I know you're here!"