Family : Chapter 27

The Dark

... is what welcomed me when I came back to reality. You would think that I would be use to it by now, the fear? Nope my heart was running a thousand miles an hour, being alone? I spent my whole life dealing with pain and suffering that Mother dealt all alone with no one to help until it was to late.

Now I was alone again, imprisoned in a dark, damp room with a constant ringing in my ears. The pain of sitting in an awkward position for who knows how long was starting to work its way through my body. Silently I remained still, just patiently waiting for something to happen, something just to end my whole ordeal. No use screaming it was a waste of breathe as my voice has never gotten me anywhere before.

A sudden warm breeze rushed into the room warming my cold skin as what I presumed to be Mother walked in. Her skin still cracked like a dropped porcelain doll, her hair matted beyond repair, and her once deep emerald coloured eyes were now a cold coal like colour with no hint of emotion.

"Wow you look like shit mother" I laughed.

Mother walked at to me and kicked me making me cower into a defensive ball on the floor.

"I'm going to start our family again" she said with a smile as the lights flickered on revealing a massive metal table coated in red from her latest victims, attached to the table was some wooden machine this was new. "All you need is some .... Adjusting" she said as her sinister grin grew wider.

She ran her rough hand through my hair and grabbed a massive chunk pulling me off the ground harshly.

"Ouch!" I winced in pain clawing at her hands.

Throwing me on the table she strapped my wrists and ankles to the strange machine.

"Now this shouldn't hurt a bit".

Before I could ask why I could feel my body being pulled beyond its natural limits testing my body in way it's shouldn't. She was pulling apart my joints, detaching them so they would bend like a puppets would.
Slowly I felt my joints rip and the pulling stop as the crack echoed through the room.

"Ah yes! My little doll survived!"

She applauded happily as she unstrapped me and left me to my own. Shakily I tried to get up pushing my hands on the table for stability but they buckled underneath me and gave way sending me back onto he dingy metal table. I tried again and managed to sit up with my legs dangling helplessly over the edge. With a hasty breath I pushed myself off the table and fell to the ground as my ankles gave way also hitting my head on the ground my eye sight became hazy as a petit looking girl with locks of hair and a puffy dress came running in.

"Oh dear, let me help you!"

The stranger said sweetly helping me to my feet and dragging me out into a light. We entered a brightly decorated room the walls were a pure white lined with blue floral pattern, the floors were a white carpet and furnished nicely with a long corner style sofa and a vase with white roses centred peacefully on a glass top coffee table. To the side of the room sat a long wooden dinning table and a small kitchen lacking of appliances.

Turning to the left was a short hallway with 5 doors, the strange girl lead me to the second door on the left and laid me gently on the bed that occupied the room.

"Rest for now and I'll come to help you in the morning" she whispered quietly as the throbbing in my head subsided and I fell into a deep sleep.

~*~*~*~*~Elighs Point Of View~*~*~*~*~

"what the fuck do you mean she took her! How could you let this happen?!" Damien screamed at the news he was just told.

"She fucking hit me over the head with a bat! What was I suppose to do I'm not made of steel!" I screamed back angrily in defence as I held a towel to my wound.

Damien with a fierce anger thrashed about in the cupboards finding the first add kit. Pulling it out he set on the bench and started to tend to the wound on the side of my head.

The next day police had started search parties to find light and another missing girl claimed to be taken by this 'mysterious' killer. They had set up HQ just outside Damien's home where volunteers could meet to help in the search. Police and random people were in a mad rush trying to lay out search areas for different groups. The chief officer then approached me.

"Please tell me you have some good news" I asked trying not to leash out on the cheif.

"I'm sorry Eligh nothing yet but it is only the first day of searching hopes are still high" he tried to brighten the atmosphere.

Walking away in a huff I began looking around where I was first taken to when I was kidnapped there has to be some evidence there.

~*~*~*~*~Lights Point Of View~*~*~*~*~

I woke to an unfamiliar room dazed i sat up and observed my new surroundings. The room lit up nicely with a baby blue coloured wall paper with laced trims the floor was a polished wood. To the left was what looked like a walking wardrobe a massive wall mirror beside it and a bedside table was all that seem to occupy the bedroom.

"Oh you're awake wonderful!" The strange girl from last night said walking into the room as I shot her a confused look. I could see the girl clearly now she look slightly older then me her hair was black and curled in to massive ringlets that cascaded over her shoulders, her eys were a brilliant green that shone brightly, her skin was as pale as porcelain. She wore a doll like dress a brilliant purple that matched her one every way she look like a real life doll, although she seemed under fed as I could see her bone showing in some places.

"Oh I'm Jayde, and I need to get you dressed and your makeup done before mother beckons us" she chirped but I could see the fear in her eyes. "Walking will be a problem for a little while as your will need to learn to adjust to ...." She hesitated " your adjustments..." I cringed at the word.

After introductions Jayde disappeared into the walk in robe and came out with a blue and white dress and a massive white ribbon.

Within half an hour she literally transformed me into a walking doll. The dress was knee long and ran outwards from my waist which sat a massive white ribbon, My brown hair now curled neatly. I hated it, I could even look at myself anymore.

Shakily Jayde helped me into the lounge room to sit and explain some 'rules' that I had to follow? Then I could ask questions, wow does she know anything about me? About mother?.

"So Light iv been here for 2 months and learnt all this the hard way" she cringe at horrible memories."im going to spare you the pain and tell you the rules.

Rule one, you should only ever call her mother.

Rule two, anything that happens down here is never to be repeated or said out loud.

Rule three, the place is to remain spotless and we have to clean up after her ... Um... Hobbies..." She hesitated but continued.

Rule four, once she gives you a position you stick with it she always comes and visits at a certain time so I will warn you when to get back to your place.

And another thing food is scarce down here there's fruit butter and a loaf of bread that's all we have to last on until she thinks that we need more, as mother thinks because we're dolls we don't need food. Oh and the taps work so water isn't a problem"

Great. The moment she finished she froze with fear as the door creaked open and mother stepped in.

"Light my little doll I see you've met you big sister" she smiled walking towards us. "Jayde my doll why are you out of your position?"

"I'm...I'm sorry m...mother I was just explaining to my little.. Uh...sister what is expected of her" Jayde stuttered fear engulfing her.

"Good, I will let you off this time" mother scolded Jayde as she ran to the couch crossed her legs and sat a book in her lap.

"JAYDE WHAT IS THIS!" Mother pointed at one of the White roses petals that had fallen and wilted on the glass table top.

"I'm sorry m..mother it..must of fallen recently..." Her winced as mother threw the vase across the room in pure anger.

Here we go again.... I just hope Eligh and Father finds me soon.