It Hurts: Chapter 5

I feel like all life has drained from my limp broken body. I've been beaten, cut, and abused but this was different. Everywhere... everywhere hurts ... It hurts can't someone make the pain go away?

Then a blinding light hits my face, I hiss as it burns my eyes. Then a familiar figure steps in, blocking a fraction of the light.

"Shhh my doll, are you mended now?"

"Yes mother."

I reply harshly, looking my mother straight in the eyes.

"Good."

She retorts leaving the cellar, and the door wide open. Unwillingly, I make my way to the blinding light that leads me to the hallway. I cover my eyes as the lights sting, I slowly make my way up the stairs, stumbling half way up, I grunt.

"F*ck."

The pain hasn't faded after the week I had to sit in the dark cellar. The voices try to sooth me the whole time, singing to me. These voices I give them a name, insanity. That's what they are, my insanity trying to speak to me, comfort me, challenge me....inspire me.

I eventually make my way up the stairs to the bathroom at the end of the upper floor hall.

"How many halls do we need in this damn house."

I mutter to my self as I practically crawl through the pain. Picking my self up, I look in the mirror, and gasp at the horror that lays before my eyes..

My skin is as pale as milk, my eyes have lost their deep blue shade and now seem to shine a brighter blue. My hair is a mess, there are massive bags under my eyes. I can't look at myself any more.

I twist the valve of the shower and run the hot water. Stripping, I step in, feeling the hot water calm my tense muscles. I sit in the corner of the shower and watch as my blood mixes with the water and washes down the drain.

After what seems like not long enough, I force myself out of the comforting shower. Forcing myself to look in the mirror, I see that some colour has returned to my cheeks and the bags under my eyes have faded slightly.

Sighing, I change and walk out, but for some reason I stop moving and drop. I hit the floor like my tears do when I break down. Then once again, I become familiar with my newly found friend... The darkness.

~*~*~Flash Back~*~*~

It's been 8 years since father walked out on mother and I, it's been hell. She throws a fit whenever something is out of place or isn't how it's suppose to be. She even beats me, her own daughter, if I step out of place.

"My doll, come please."

Mother politely beckons me to the lounge room. Hearing her call, I take my place on the red velvet sofa, opposite to the crackling fire blazing in the stone fireplace. Looking around, I notice that she's cleaned for the fourth time this week. The book shelves are tidy and dust free, the books it contained are arranged alphabetically. The photos decorating the pale white walls, centred exactly. Nothing is out of place.

I turned my attention to mother.

"Do you know why I... Hurt you yesterday?"

Fear strikes me, yesterday she had beaten me with a pan. I had forgotten to replace the water in the crystal vase that contains a white rose. She turned and started to scream and widely throw plates and pans around. Eventually hitting me, causing my head to bleed.

She then made me clean up her mess as she walked out the door, locking me inside. She came back four hours later, blood splattered on her. Too scared to face her, I had hidden away.

"Y..yes mother I was s..stupid and forgot to.. Ch..change the water for your rose."

I stutter, trying not to cry. I hate crying, I'm sick of feeling so weak but I can't do anything about it.

"Good, be gone, my broken little doll."

She says, pointing to the cut on my forehead. Fearful, I scurry out of the lounge room to the study. My father's possessions still remain here, mother hates it, and therefore never comes in here to throw all of it away. So I spend most of my daylight in here, discovering, reading, learning. Until night comes, day is a happy time, but when the sun will leave and the moon rises, the voices will appear with it.

~*~*~End Of Flashback~*~*~

I wake up on the hard wooden floor boards, blood pools around me. My wound has split open from stressing it too much. My heart skips a beat at the thought of mother seeing this, I begin to clean up my own blood. Mending myself I leave for bed. Sleep is all I need right now. I lay my head to rest as my insanity sings to me.

'Sleep broken doll,

Please don't cry,

The pain is nothing,

Lay doll, be still,

We will mend your broken heart.'

~*Edited*~*19/12/14*~

^^Edited-31/12/14^^