Operation: Mountain Fury Part 1

Well we made it over 500 reads so here's the new character in the story. Guess who it is? I'll give you a hint: it has spots. Also, I put up a cast list of the Nintendo characters.

Cinder's Dorm

Cinder woke up to the sound of loud ringing. 'Who wakes a person up at 7:25 in the morning!?' she thought furiously.
She got up and walked to the door to see who it was.

"Ah, good morning!" Said a voice, Antasma.

Cinder wasn't in the mood for his antics. She was tempted to slam the door on his fanged face.

"I see that the mission vas a success. Although, you haff me to thank as hell. Vithout me, you'd be caught by the scythe girl and Bowser." Antasma

She encountered Bowser in person before, when she infiltrated the CCT Tower. His semblance was still a mystery to her, as is to Salem. She'd have to keep an eye on him.

"I thought I'd let you know that Bowser has left the Academy und vith the scythe girls team. That should give you some free time to do vhatever it is teenagers do nowadays." Antasma said, crafting a Dream Portal.

"Wait!" Cinder said.

Antasma stopped, turning to face the young woman.

"What did you do to Mercury?" Cinder asked.

Antasma grinned.

"Vell, vhy don't you ask him yourself?" Antasma suggested then disappeared in the Dream Portal.

The rest of her team woke up, with Emerald incoherently muttering in her pillow and Mercury with dark circles under his eyes. She figured now was the time to get his mind straight.

"What happened in that Dream Portal, Mercury? I've never seen you look like this, ever. Tell us!" Cinder said.

"It doesn't matter. It won't change anything." Mercury said without a hint of emotion.

"Maybe, but it's been affecting you and the mission." Emerald pointed out.

"I'll be fine!" Mercury said with a little irritation.

"It's making you look weak, Mercury!" Cinder stated.

"I'M NOT WEAK!!" Mercury shouted at her.

The room went silent. Mercury just yelled at Cinder, yet she wasn't fazed by his outburst.

"I fought Antasma and he showed me my past! How my father took my Semblance! After he said I had to get stronger, yet he never gave it back! I killed him and I lost it forever!" Mercury yelled.

Emerald had her hands towards her mouth shocked. So he did fight Antasma, but was shown his dark past.

"He kept calling me a disgrace, worthless, how I'm pathetic. Antasma replayed that scene over and over until he got bored and decimated me." Mercury continued.

Cinder now felt worried. Mercury wasn't easy to beat, yet he practically destroyed Mercury. Now she knew she couldn't underestimate him.

"I'm tired of being weak! I'm not weak. I'm not weak!" Mercury repeated to himself.