Special: King K. Rool

I watched something truly spectacular that inspired me to make this Omake. Truly the best thing I've ever watched, and a true homage to the King of the Kremlings.

Edit: I decided to recreate the whole thing! Enjoy!!

It's a dark night full of thunder and solemn. On the dark seas docked The Gangplank Galleon, the former Dread of the Seas and home of the Kremling Krew. The large pirate vessel had been inactive for quite some time, yet it was very well kept despite its decade-long lay off. The only voice aboard the ship was a single singing Kremling bard.

"🎶Oh, spare me an ale, and I'll tell you the story🎶" he sang, his voice clear even through the booming thunder. "🎶Of the mad pirate king who was destined for glory.🎶" His voice took a melancholic tone as he sang, "🎶Through fire and fury, the king sadly failed. It seems his ambitions weren't quite up to scale.🎶"

The rest of the Kremlings walk along the ship doing their normal duties. Even without a Kaptian to lead them, they've refused to be thrown in more disarray than they already are now. None voiced this opinion, but doing light ship duties like this gave them a purpose.

The rest of the Krew sat in the galley, drinking in quiet respect. Even Kaptian Skurvy and his crew of two, Kutlass and Green Kroc, recently joined the Krew. They held a bitter respect for the late Kaptian K. Rool, who was an even bigger and badder pirate than Skurvy. At the very least, he reunited with his younger brother Korporal Klump.

Speaking of which, he and his associate Krusha sat together at the bar. He held up a pint of banana grog, and tapped it with a spoon. The small taps of the spoon filled the near silent room and gathered the attention of the Kremling Krew.

"I'd like to propose a toast to this very momentous occasion," he says, as most of the Krew listened. Even Skurvy and his Krew glanced over at the second in command. "As we're all gathered here today in memoriam of our...once great leader." He looks up at the portrait of Kaptian K. Rool, a hint of solemn nostalgia in his tone.

The top of a barrel one Kremling, Klef, sat on popped up to reveal a pair of eyes. "I thought it was your birthday?" He says, looking up at the blue Klaptrap standing on the table. Klampon was wearing a birthday hat and had a party blower in his mouth. He was carrying a banana smartphone, a parody version of an Apple smartphone.

He sighs, and sarcastically remarks, "It was," before blowing sadly into the party blower.

Krusha bounced in his seat, raising his hand up like a child. "Ooh, ooh, ooh, but, Klump," he calls out, and asks, "why are we celebrating a decade-long abcess?"

Korporal Klump held his face in annoyance before answering. "I said in memoriam of,
not in celebration of!" He adds, "And that's absence, ya bone-headed halfwit!" Even after all these years, his accomplice was very much the muscled moron he made himself ought to be.

Klampon sighs again, looking at the small portrait of when Kaptian K. Rool had once been King K. Rool, back when he was less insane than before. There was a small bug crawling next to it. "So, what do you suppose ever happened to him?"

The portrait was crushed by a heavy club, startling the Krew. It belonged to a rather large, more muscular Kremling with an eye patch. He was bigger than Krusha, whose musculature was impressive as is for a Kremling. Of course, none had been bigger than Kludge, who had been declared MIA ever since.

"Roaches," he growls deeply, "they be hard to kill." He watched as the bug he tried to crush crawled underneath the boards of the galley. "He probably tucked his feelers under whatever rock was big enough to seclude Sobek."

_____________________________________________

On the shores of Crocodile Isle, a figure was walking down a large and long path of stairs that went further down. The room was made of stone with a number of portraits on the walls. The portraits all featured the same person: King K. Rool. The figure let out a low, reptile growl as he passed by one that featured King K. Rool and an unpleased Donkey Kong.