Chapter Forty

God, are you there? I held onto Joe during the whole car ride to the hospital and I was praying that he would be okay until we got there safely. When Caspar and I got into the car Layla was hysterical because she did not know what happened. We sped through all the lights and signs so our ride would be faster. My heart was beating faster every moment Joe wouldn't make a noise. I squeezed his hand into mine and kissed his forehead slowly. Once inside the hospital parking spot, we ran out and Caspar and I grabbed onto Joe and hurried him into the emergency room.

"Help!" I yelled in the lobby. In that moment a few nurses came to Joe's aid and pulled him on a bed.

"Take care of him, I love you!" I yelled at him as they rolled him away. We went to the receptionist and told her all of our information so she could help us.

Caspar took a seat in between Layla and I and he held our hands. He rubbed a small circle on my hand and I sighed loudly.

"Do you think he's going to be okay?" I wondered aloud. Caspar looked at me and laughed.

"When is Joe ever okay? I know you two have gone through a lot lately, but this is just a stepping stone... A large stepping stone."

"Caspar?" Said a boy with puffy blackish hair and high cheekbones. I remember seeing this boy awhile back when I went to that YouTube party.

"Alfie?" He said standing up. They both hugged for a moment and then stopped when Alfie noticed me.

"Hi Marilyn, how is Joe?" He asked coming over to hug me. I hugged him back and then all the other YouTube friends came in. I looked at Caspar and Layla because I did not know what was going on.

"Well it was this, or you weren't going to have a birthday," Caspar replied kissing Zoe on the cheek.

"Happy birthday Marilyn!" said the boy with blue hair.. Tyler, wasn't it? I hugged him and he handed me a little gift bag.

"You didn't have to," I replied shoving it back at him.

"Well you have an amazing boyfriend and I know he can't buy you everything," he winked.

"Everyone, Joe is doing fine. He just got a little rough around the edges from a fight," I said. Everyone looked so relieved after I said that and everyone started telling me happy birthday.

"I'm going to take you guys out to the bar after this," I replied sitting down and holding my head in my hands.

"This is not your fault!" Tyler said coming up to me and giving me a tight squeeze.

"Ms. Stewart, Mr. Sugg to see you now," the receptionist said. Boy, that was quick.

"Hi," I said walking in quietly. Joe was laying on the bed and it seemed he had no response to me. The nurse was putting fluids in his fluid bag and she looked at me and smiled.

"I'm such a huge fan," she giggled. I looked at her and smiled.

"Me too," I replied sitting on the edge besides him. His eyes were closed so I didn't want to wake him.

"He is going to be fine. Maybe this will make a video?" She said happily trailing off to do her daily duties. I looked at Joe sleeping peacefully and I smiled down at him.

"I know you can't hear me right now, or maybe you can, but just listen to me. I love you so much Joseph. There is so much I want to learn about you still, and I bet there is more you want to learn about me.. I love chocolates and coffee.. I don't think I ever told you that," I laughed. He was still showing no response. " and my favorite color is orange, weird right? Nobody likes that color. I actually never planned on moving here, but once I met you I knew I had to move here. Well, I love you and I'm so sorry I had to make all this bad stuff happen to you. I sometimes wish that we never met because I know our life has been hell..." Just then Caspar came into the room.