Chapter Thirty - Eight

"Are you mad?" He asked seriously, but laughed at the same time. I threw my head around because I expected this sort of reaction.

"I'm serious.. I've been having these dreams and they tell me that I'm going to die like my parents," I say quietly. Joe turns down what is left of the music and he pulls over to the side of the road. Once he puts the car in park he looks at me carefully.

"Your nightmares-that's what you've been having nightmares about?" He asked slowly and carefully studied my face.

"I didn't know if I should tell you or not... But I decided what the heck I might as well because I might die anyway."

"For f*cks sake Marilyn, you are not going to die. So please stop saying that. My heart races every time I hear you say that phrase because I think you're actually considering dying and you're okay with that.. I, on the other hand, am not okay with my princess dying," he said running his hand through his hair yet again. "Marilyn, in these dreams..."

"I would rather not discuss it Joseph. Let's just get home," I said pulling on the sleeves of my sweater. The worst part about the fall season is the cold and I absolutely dreaded it.

"Marilyn, do you need professional help?" He asked seriously. I contemplated the idea for a moment. Being a normal teenage girl was part of my queue for quite some time, but after my diagnosis, my mother dying, and my sister being taken away from me, I had decided that nobody could possibly have been in the same situation as I have. It may be selfish to say, but I think that I have the worst life ever. My family is constantly being taken away from me and the one thing I would not want to happen is having Joe being taken away as well. On the other hand, seeing a therapist and discussing my problems may actually help me in my life because it is so biased. I would be considered a clean slate.

"Maybe," I said in response. During my time of thinking and reacting he had taken the car out of park and returned to the road. In five minutes we arrived at our humble abode.

"Joe, Mary!" Caspar called from upstairs. We ran up there immediately thinking it was some sort of emergency.

"Cas, what is it?" Joe asked looking confused as he did not see anything particularly wrong with the area.

"Layla is going to be staying with us for quite some time," he said showing us a document containing a form of a U.K. Citizenship paper.

"I didn't even fill one of those out yet," I replied having a look at Layla's forms.

"That's why the man sent over two," Caspar replied handing me another one. Finally my family would be all brought together and Layla would finally be with us again.

"I am speechless," I turned to Joe who had the same reaction I did. He placed his hands on my waist and kissed my cheek.

"Family," I repeated and he smiled at me in response.

"Caspar, I put everything into place. Wow look at these little lovebirds out here, you guys are so flipping cute. I'm definitely shipping Moe for sure," Layla said walking out from Caspar's room and sitting down on the couch.

"I heard you were staying with us," I sat next to her and hugged her.

"Only forever," she shrugged and laughed. Joe and Caspar sat next to us and we continued to talk all day and night about the new changes that were to come for all of us - including some special privileges and chances for Joe - like being in television for major news channels. I was proud of him for everything he has accomplished thus far in his life and nothing could be better than being desperately in love with someone who knew what they wanted to do with the rest of their life.