Chapter Twenty-Two

"I only like cheese Cas," I said while he was ordering.
"We are getting everything, you can pick it off if you want," he said arguing with me. In one minute he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. The motion sent shocks down my spine and I was really confused. He hung up with the pizza guy and he led me to his room.
"What happened today Marilyn?" He said in a whisper because Layla was sound asleep in his bed.
"Nothing, why..." I crossed my arms along my chest and looked away.
"Tell me, I won't tell anyone," he said putting a hand on my shoulder.
"I have cancer," I said in a very low voice. I can't believe I was telling Caspar before I even told Joe. He put the hand that was on my shoulder up against his mouth.
"Mary, I won't tell anyone," he kissed the top of my head and I started to cry. "Shhhh Mary please..." He pulled me into a hug and rubbed my hair.
"I can't tell Joe," I said into this chest. He agreed with me because his body shook with mine.
"Tell him whenever you're ready Marilyn. I'll keep this between us. What about Layla..." I looked over at her and began to sob violently. I put a hand to my mouth so it wouldn't be as loud and I cried into Caspar's chest even more. He hugged me tighter and kissed the top of my head again.
"Thank you so much Caspar, I really needed this," I said in between sobs. He held me there for what seemed to be hours, but I knew it really wasn't. I released myself from him and wiped my eyes.
"Promise you won't tell," I said wiping my face with Joe's shirt.
"I already told you I wouldn't. Go find Joe," he said slapping my back and making me giggle a little bit. I exited the room and found Joe on his computer.
"Hi," I said walking in.
"Hello Mary, come here," he said gesturing to his lap. I went over to him and sat on his lap.
"Whatcha doing?" I said looking at his desktop.
"Looking at some social media stuff, what are you doing?" He kissed my neck softly and went on Twitter.
"Nothing, look," I said pointing on the screen. There was a picture of me and Joe from earlier and it had over a thousand replies.
She's so beautiful!
Joe you're so lucky, she looks like a model!
I'm so jealous!!
I smiled and looked over at Joe who was smiling as well.
"I told you they would like you!" He kissed my cheek and continued to look at more comments and tweet:
'Spending the night with my beautiful girlfriend x'
Everyone replied:
Be safe Joe!
You guys are so perfect, I can't even.
I smiled and the doorbell rung.
"Pizza!" I said getting up and rushing to the door.
"Hi, here's your money," I said handing the pizza guy money. He handed me two pizzas and I closed the door.
"Babe," I called up. Joe rushed down and greeted me, but quickly took the pizzas away. I rushed after him and we sat around the table eating.
"This pizza is so good," I said with a mouthful.
"You're going to choke," he said laughing. I covered my mouth and tried not to laugh. I finished chewing and rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready for bed. After I was done I went into Joe's room and flopped on his bed. He was on the computer so I laid face down with my elbows up to stare at him.
"Joseph," I said yawning.
"Yes hon?" He asked never taking an eye off his computer.
"I'm really glad we're back together," I said smiling and blushing to myself.
"I am too," he said swiveling around in his chair and facing me.
"Good!" I said flipping around so that I was facing the ceiling.
"Marilyn, can I curl up with you?" He asked as if it were a question. I opened the blanket and he crawled into bed with me.
"Hello," he said breathing into the nape of my neck.
"Hi," I said turning around to face him.
"You're too beautiful for me, I can't stand it," he said kissing my forehead.
"I hate that you're handsome. I wish I was as handsome as you!" I giggled and poked his nose. He wrinkled his nose up and he blew up his quiff.
"I love you," I said, "do I say that too much?"
"No. Not enough," he kissed me and pulled the covers above both our heads.
"What are you doing, I can't see you!" I said.
"Nothing," he said kissing me and taking the covers off our heads after.
"What was that for?" I giggled.
"Nothing, I just wanted to see something," he said laying next to me and cuddling behind me.
"You're such a dweeb," I said closing my eyes.
"But I'm your dweeb," he laughed.