Chapter Twelve

"Happy college move-in day!" My mom and Layla woke me up midst sleep and stood over me with Poptarts with candles in them. I groaned and looked at my clock. It was 7:05 in the morning, why were they interrupting my beauty sleep? After being in Wyoming for a few days Joe has barely texted me, but he sent me a picture last night of the London sky and I remembered how beautiful it was over there. I truly missed being in London and spending time with Joe.
"Please stop," I sat up in my bed and took the Poptarts," I hate college already and I haven't even started. Why must they put me through more school?"
"Because you're too dumb," Layla shrugged and sat on my bed. I took a pillow and chucked it at her.
"Honey you'll love it there. It's a wonderful place, I went there when I was your age..." Mom daydreamed quite frequently about college because that was where she met dad. They fell in love in their freshman English class and have been together ever since. They are the epitome of perfection.
"I'll finish packing and we'll go up there and move everything in," I stood up and went to my closet to shove everything in my suitcase I left out since London. My mom and sister helped me pack everything in and after about two hours, my room was cleaned out.
"I'll miss you sis," Layla squeezed my shoulder.
"Dude, I'm not dying," I laughed and hit her in the stomach. She laughed back and soon we got into a stomach hitting battle. Me:1, Layla:0.
We packed all my belongings into the car; which was a tight fit, but we managed to make it work. It took a few hours to get to the campus and finally someone led me to where my dorm was going to be. My mom and Layla trailed behind me like lost puppies and for once I felt terrible. I feel like I was leaving them behind, but would never forget them, and that was the hardest part. My room was half finished already because my roommate already packed her stuff in and was gone, probably exploring the campus. I took everything from the car and with a few trips back and forth, managed to get everything in our tiny space. My roommate and I talked once to discuss our room arrangements and what to bring, and from that one conversation I could tell we weren't going to get along. So I left it at that and brought what she requested: a mini fridge.
"You'll be fine," mom hugged me.
"I know, but it'll take some adjusting," I hugged her back. She was holding off tears and spoke so low I could barely hear her. Layla waved to me and grabbed mom by her hand.
"We'll text, call tonight," Layla said over moms loud crying. I put a thumbs up in the air and they left shutting the door quietly.

I circled around the campus for the umpteenth time and each time I walked around I got dirtier and dirtier looks. I knew most of the students from school because this was a school of choice with a beautiful campus. Some girls snickered at me and laughed, as did some boys, but I didn't care. I knew returning to Wyoming would bring me problems, but I didn't know walking around would cause me more pain.
"Aren't you that snitch bitch?" Some boy yelled across campus. His friends laughed with him and I kept walking. Great, people know who I am. I headed back to my dorm when a familiar voice called my name from behind me. I turned around to see someone almost too familiar.
"Hi Justin," I said with a sigh. He ran up to me and shook my hand. This went from irritating to awkward really fast.
"Hi, how are you?" he was out of breath and talking very fast.
"Great, I gotta go now though," I turned around and he grabbed my hand.
"Listen, I'm part of this fraternity, we're having a party tonight, you should come..." I rolled my eyes so far I felt like they would get stuck in my head.
"Yeah right, fat chance," I replied.
"I think you should come. You humiliated me in front of our high school Mary, don't you want to make amends with me? Or do you want to be known as "snitch bitch"? Listen, this is like high school, only worse. The boys in my frat don't mess around with prudes like you, so I highly advise you come tonight," he said in a low voice, so nobody could hear him. Was he blackmailing me or something? I forcefully pulled my hand from his and fast walked away from him.
"See you tonight!" He called from behind me. I looked back to see him standing there with a big fat smile plastered across his face.

Finding Me (A Joe Sugg / ThatcherJoe Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें