Chapter Thirteen

"Open the door slut," someone was banging on my door very loudly. I couldn't determine if it was a boy or a girl because their speech was slurred and heavily influenced by some drugs.
"Marilyn Stewart!" I slowly got up from my bed and looked at the time. It was four in the morning and a few minutes prior I just hung up on Joe so he could sleep a little more. What an angel he was. I looked through the peephole in the door and saw April. I swung the door open and carried her in.
"Justin is... Chasing.. Running you" she slurred her words and I slung her into her bed.
"Shhh, goodnight April. This will all be over soon," I tucked her into bed fully clothed and locked the door to the room. I knew what she was trying to say, that Justin was chasing me. I shuddered and sat on my bed. I should go to sleep, but I couldn't- knowing Justin would find me and do bad things to me. This personality that he was currently sporting was way different than high school. Maybe I woke up a demon from hell when I told our school he cheated on me. I laid down and closed my eyes because reality hurt. I wanted to be in a place where I couldn't think anymore, or feel, I wanted to be myself and be adored. If I don't get out of this hellhole, I will die, literally.
"Wake up, you'll be late for class," April was already showered and awake when she woke me up. Needless to say five hours of sleep made her look beautiful. Guess that's what beauty sleep looks like.
"What are you looking at you stupid nerd?" I shook my head, signaling nothing, and stood up to take a shower and get ready for my class. April and I were lucky we didn't have bathrooms we had to share with a bunch of other people. I hate people taking my things and thinking it's all just a game. Our bathroom was small (just enough for one person and a hair dryer), but it definitely did the job. Once in the shower I thought about my call with Joe last night and how things panned out. He was an unbelievably amazing guy. I could not believe for one second he would have any interest in me at all. I loved the fact we were so open with each other and that really bloomed our relationship into something more. There were high hopes that our friendship would turn into something beautiful, but I had to be patient. He is busy with his YouTube career and traveling and I was going to school, but whatever the case was he was there and I would stand by him and support him in whatever he decides to do. My feelings for him were mere curiosity at first- seeing inside the mind of a talented, attractive, famous YouTube celebrity- but now it developed into some sort of infatuation. I ached to be near him or to hear his voice. I longed every moment I was awake and we weren't in some sort of contact. I needed to know he was there and that I was on my mind because he was always on mine. How did someone like that get so wrapped up in my thoughts? How did a beautiful man find me and chose to figure me out instead of another girl? I smiled at myself and ran my hands through my wet hair. I loved everything right now. Nothing could be better.
"You're going to be late!" April knocked on the door. How long have I been in here? I hurriedly stepped out of the shower and dried myself off. April and I were going to the same class: biology, so I figured she would wait for me if I was running slow, vise versa. I rushed out of the bathroom and put on some shorts and a big t-shirt. It was definitely a "running late" day. We exited the room and ran to our class that was a few buildings down from where we lived. Thankfully the campus wasn't packed at ten in the morning so we rushed through with no hassle- well let's just say I rushed through with no hassle.
Once inside the science building, we located our class and sat next to each other. I looked around noticing solemn faces and people yawning because it was early in the morning to them. As I was looking around the class, I noticed Justin in the back. I mentally hit myself and I repeatedly told myself to leave the class and transfer out, but I figured I was already getting transferred, so it didn't matter.
"Marilyn!" boy, was I wrong.
"Hi," I said sternly. The events of last night played out in my head and I was not in the mood to talk to him.
"I wanted to talk about last night..." Justin noticed April sitting next to me and winked at me. I was disgusted. If he really wanted to talk to me and be serious, he wouldn't be winking and making vulgar gestures towards her. I didn't say anything in response to him. Every second I prayed the teacher would be here to take me out of this misery.
"I wanted to say I was sorry for doing that to you. I was under the influence of some heavy stuff last night and I wasn't thinking. If you'd like to come over tonight, I will be totally sober," he touched my shoulder which made me turn around. I stood up and motioned for him to bend down so I could whisper in his ear.
"You are the most vile human being in this whole entire world, why don't you kindly go fuc-" I was interrupted by a loud door slam which made me look toward the front of the room. Our teacher was a older man with big round glasses and gray hair. I winked at Justin as I watched him take his seat. The smile he returned to me wanted to make me throw up. He was the sickest person I had ever met. He is Satan's spawn.
Throughout the lesson, our monotone teacher tried to make everything fun by doing group activities. I silently cursed and paired up with a guy around my age with red hair. During one of the activities Mr. Klines' phone rang and he answered with, "if science isn't the best, I don't know what is! Mr. Klines speaking!" It was the most enthusiastic answering I had ever heard and I could not suppress a laugh. Soon after everyone was laughing along with me. His face turned red and at one point he had to put his hand on the receiver and say, "guys stop it's the dean." After that point we stayed relatively quiet because this guy was cool. I wish that I could've had him as a teacher throughout all of high school because he seems so chill and relaxed.
"Ms. Marilyn Stewart, go down to see the dean please. The matter is urgent," Mr. Klines said in a voice that somewhat scared me. His tone was very serious at this point and I slowly got up and exited. I didn't know the dean called classrooms, it's exactly like high school when the principal calls you down. Except here, it's a lot worse. I figured the dean would be in the main building, so I headed there with a heavy heart. Did I do something wrong? On the other hand, it could be about the internship Joe told me about. I kept a clear mind and entered the building nervously.