Steph (part 1) Nates story

NEW PLOT LINE. YAY!!!!
There's a video along with the picture play video while reading
Boys beach house is picture.
Nathaniel (Nate) has never had a serious relationship, but has had many flings. Even though he has had a BIG crush on the palace doctor. Doctor Stephanie Ledger (Steph). Nate was not supposed to come to the beach with Steph but he had to follow his beloved doctor. He told her he was finding himself and that is why he HAD to follow her.
This takes place about a week after they got to the beach. Enjoy!
Nate
"Hey! What's up Steph how you been,"
"I've been good princey. Found yourself yet? or still looking?"
"Still looking my dear."
"Don't call me that!"
"Why not? It's just a nickname,"
"No, it's not just a nickname! It's what you call all of of the girls you hookup with and never call back! Your a mother-fucking -heartbreaking-asshole!"
That stung, but I can't let her know that.
Steph is much more free on the beach no one and I mean no one knows that we knew each other before this.
"Well maybe you can make an honest man of me?"
"Your a pig."
"Come on please,"
She just storms off. Rude. But I deserve it. I love to mess with her. Always have. Since I met her at the palace, and I was old enough realize there is another gender. And little Nate realized that she was hot.
Steph
He is so annoying! Why do I even let him have the satisfaction of talking to me!
Because talking to him makes your day, always has. And you want him, always have. (Italics is inner thoughts of inner thoughts. They aren't crazy!)
"Wait up! Steph!"
"Oh so that's the new nickname that you made especially for me? How nice!" I yell behind me.
"Yeah! And I promise it's special just for you!"
"Oh! Save it for someone who cares Nathaniel Modig Shcreave!" Yes, I know his whole name. I'm the only one on this beach that does.
"Did you use my middle name? You know I hate my middle name!  I told you it when I was drunk. And if anyone found out who I am that would be big trouble."
"That's a you problem," I start to walk away but then he grabs my arm and turns me around.
"No, its an us problem."
US! THERE'S AN US?
"Us? There is no us." I say nonchalantly
"Yes. Ever since I told you my full name there has been an us."
"Since that party where we played truth or dare with my friends and your doctor friends, there has been an us? I didn't get that memo."
"Come on no one else knows who I really am on this beach. You are very dangerous for you know who I am. You have me at your whim to keep you happy."
That's conveniently inconvenient.
"Why would I want that?"
"I don't know you tell me."
"You are infuriating!"
"Yep,"
"UGH!" And I storm off.
Nate
She is so hot. She wants me. Why can't she just admit it?
Because she doesn't want you and this is all in your head, always has been.
UGH!
I walk back to my beach house where me and two of my friends are staying this summer. They don't know I'm a prince they think I'm some five. I know I told Hunter not to lie about his caste but this is different. I lied because it is the only way to actually have a descent time and not be treated differently on this beach.
I walk in the house
"Hey! I'm back guys!"
"Hey, dude where were you?"
"I was chatting with Steph."
"Hooking-up?"
"Naw she was yelling at me while I was being "Infuriating"".
"Why quotations?"
"I was my same self that I always am with her she just has never called me "infuriating" before,"
"She's thought it,"
"Huh."
"Come on dude you have to know she actually despises you,"
"I guess she does ha."
Steph
"Why do I always like the bad boy Maria? I mean I know they are bad but I still want them!"
"I don't know babe, us girls are just attracted to the bad never the sweet quiet guy with the 4.0 IQ."
"Well I mean just because Nate is a jerk most of the time doesn't mean he isn't smart." He is smart. Smart enough to lie to everyone on this beach. But for some reason he trusted me. He said he was drunk but I've been watching him. He can hold his alcohol. He also knows when to stop before he gets to drunk. So it's hard to believe that he was really drunk and told me something as important as his real identity.
"You okay Steph?"
"Yeah, just thinking."
"About Nate?"
"Maybe,"
"Okay, just get me if you want to talk."
"Will do," and she walks out of my room off to hers.
Now all I have to do is think about what my plan is when I see Nate again. I just want to go over to his beach house and, and I don't know what.
*knock knock
"Come in!"
Nate walked in and I don't know what to do.
"Hi? What are you doing here Nathaniel?"
"I need to apologize about how annoying I've been for the past week and probably our whole frienamie relationship. I just think it's fun to annoy you I guess.
He wasn't looking me in the eyes. Is he embarrassed?
It's like our thing I thought but my roommate said that you hate me and-and-and I didn't like the feelings of thinking you didn't like me."
"I don't not like you. I actually really enjoy our talks and arguments no matter how annoying they are most of the time."
"Wait, really? You like me?"
"Yeah I guess I do. BUT NOT LIKE HOW YOU ARE THINKING!" Don't show feelings,, Don't sh
"How am I thinking?"
"I don't know," don't show feelings, don't show feelings
"You don't have to know right now, but maybe in the future?"
I just don't know what I feel. I want to be with him but he is so annoying and will probably never commit to me fully. He is a player, I can't trust him with my heart! And that's not even the worst parts. I technically work for him!
"I can't trust you. You will never commit and I'm not looking for a mindless hookup or a summer fling. Also I work for you!"
"I'm not looking for that either I-"
"Save it I know your type, also I work for you. That should be self explanatory enough!"
"Your a fun person that I could see myself with. I'm the middle child of triplets it's not like my parents care about what I do. You've seen,"
"I don't think that's true. Your parents care about you a lot though. Like me. I'm in to you. But I can't I work for you," The last thing she said was a whisper. I don't think she thought I heard it.
Nate
"If that "work for you" crap is your best argument then just stop. You don't work for me. You work for my parents who are you god parents. So really in their eyes you are family. But not in my eyes  see you as something very different."
"What's in it for me then?"
"I'm in to you too Steph. And how about I give you music lessons?"
"Ok." she wouldn't look at me.
"We should go out sometime just us and maybe some wine? Like a picnic or something?"
"That sounds kind of nice, sure,"
YES! YES! YES! We're going on a date, we're going on a date!
"Thank you, for giving me a chance to show you I'm not a player like everyone thinks,"
Then I did something I wasn't expecting to do, I kissed her temple. Like a boyfriend would. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!!!!
"Well bye," and I run off to my own beach house.
Thanks for reading!
Bye pees 👋