The Truth Told[Edited]

DISCLAIMER- I don't know what I was on while writing this chapter it switches between POV's pretty much between every line. But I think it's clear who's thoughts are who's. I hope it's not that confusing.

America

What was he going to tell me he seemed so nervous maybe he was proposing, I wasn't ready for that! We have known each other for over 10 years but I wanted to get to know Maxon better. The real him the princely him.

"Mer this is hard to say but-"

"Maxon wait, before you do this I don't think I'm ready yet," She wasn't looking me in the eyes did she know? Who told her? The only people who know are my dad, the doctor, and me.

"Who told you?"

"I figured it out on my own."

"What gave me away?"

"Just the way you've been acting lately." Why does he look like he's sweaty and nervous?

"It doesn't mean it won't ever happen, of course one day it will, I love you."

Maxon

Wait what does she mean some day this is something that can't wait for anther day "Mer what do you think I'm about to tell you?"

"I thought you were going to proposing."

Wait! What! Propose would she leave if I didn't propose right now I love my Mer but I want to know more of the real

America not just the girl I met in the wood. I definitely do want to marry her one day just not yet.

"Mer of course one day I want to get married to you just not yet. I wanted to show you something that is a little embarrassing for me, my back."

"Your back? What's wrong with it? I'm with you no matter what." She put a soothing hand on my shoulder rubbing up and down. I quickly take off my shirt and show her the horror that is my back. She's silent, but then I hear a sniffle. I turn around and see my Mer crying.

"What's wrong Mer?"

"It's your back who did this to you? They should be sentenced to death by the King! Please tell me Max!"

"I don't think the King will be much help considering he's the one whdidis-" he mumbled

"What Max? Just tell me I'll try to help, thats all I ever want to do."

"Okay fine, it was my father who did this America! Happy?"

"No Max! Of course I'm not happy your dad beat you! Wait does he still do it? Please tell me he doesn't." She whispered the last part

"Please don't yell for the whole palace to hear only two other people know about this besides you and me."

"Who else knows? Does your mom? Please tell me there is someone who can stop this. Please!"

"Mer calm down please I'm fine, I'm used to it now. I can handle this."

"No, Maxon! You don't have to do this alone anymore! I want to be with you through the bad and the good! Max I love you!"