The First Week of The Selection[Edited]

America
Yesterday, Maxon promised we would be together.

But I can't help thinking he hasn't even met the other girls. They could all be prettier than me and smarter. Plus most of them are in a higher caste which means they are more qualified to be princess or even queen than me. But am I going to let the crown scare me out of wanting Maxon/ my sweet Max? I just don't know.

I hear a knock and three women come in to my room.

"Hello, Lady America we are your maids. I am Anna your head maid, this is Mary, and that is Lucy. Is there anything you need miss?"

"Uh, yes I need you to call me America with no lady in front of it. That is all for now lady's thank you." I do a weird curtsy thing. I don't really know what to do to dismiss them.

"Oh, miss you don't need to curtsy for us we are only your maids. We are only sixes you are a three we should be curtsying to you."

"You guys are just as worthy as me to be curtsied to as me." They are such nice girls I think we are going to be good friends.

There's another knock! Who could that one be. A butler? Ha! As if. But then walks in a man in a tailored suit looking like a... quest what... BUTLER!

"Hello Lady America I am your personal butler Charles. By order of the prince." He does a bow hen walks to stand in the corner?

"You don't need to stand in the corner you can sit at my desk or take the chair over there if you feel more comfortable."
"No Lady America I can't do that it is against protocol."

"All of you can call me America. Just America, no lady in front of it."

"That isn't proper though Miss." Charles says from the corner. But my maids all just nod

"We can try our best to obey your wishes America." It looked like it pained her to just say my name without the miss.

"Thank you Mary," I give her an appreciative nod. Then Lucy speaks up.

"America are you sure I can't get you anything, anything at all?"

"No I'm sure. You may do something else I am going to check out the royal library. I love to read. And maybe after that I'll go to the royal music room. Man this place is so cool."

(I'm skipping meeting the other girls. They will come in to play later but right now focusing on Maxerica and their relationship. But the summary is America meets Marlee they becomes friends and Celeste's a bitch. That's it thanks for reading)

In the library

There were rows and rows of just books it was very clean and modern. With white book shelves and bench seating.(Library picture on the top I really can't do description) I read a lot of book series that were not at my normal library like Twight light, Harry Potter and some stand alone books like the catcher on the rye and to kill a mockingbird. After reading them all I went off to the music room.

In the Music room

I felt at home with a piano

I felt at home with a piano. I loved music. It was my escape from the world. I start singing falling for boys by Julia Michaels

Song

But when I finish I hear someone clapping and its Max! He has never heard me sing before. He looked impressed and happy to look at me.

"That was amazing Mer, you are a lovely singer. Can you play any other instruments? Or only the piano?"

"I can play many instruments Guitar, flute, clarinet, all kinds of saxophones, violin, cello, viola, trumpet, (I don't want to name every single instrument but she can basically play all instruments).

"That's a lot of instruments but I didn't hear the only instrument I can play the kazoo! The best instrument of all!"

"That doesn't count as an instrument its just humming."

"Well its all I can play so don't take it away from me."

"Fine but if that's an instrument then I can play that too."

"Why can't I have one instrument that's mine!" He whines like a child, it's adorable.

"Fine since I have never tried to play a kazoo it can be yours."

"Thank you my dear." He looked like he wanted to say something else but was scared to. Huh.

"Max do you want to say something else or is that it?"

"Oh um I wanted to say your... the best!" That is such a fake smile

"Okay whatever you say, if you don't trust me after 15 years of friendship. I guess I can just go." I start to walk away doing that slow walk where you are giving the other person time to stop you.

"Wait,"

"Yes Max?"

"I wanted to say that I-I lo-"

"AAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAHHHH" an alarm starts blaring.

"Damn. The rebel's." He whispers to himself.

"What Maxon! Rebel's!?"

"Yes we have to get to a safe room."

We run to the nearest safe room but it's locked. We went to the next one but it's also locked. Then we went down a dead end and the door was open!

"Yes! Its open get in," I get in and he slams the door behind us.

"Max how are we going to get out of here? What if we die in here?" I start to cry

"Please don't cry my dear. I don't like it when people I love cry." He is so sweet he-. WAIT! Did he say he loves me! OH MY GOD!

"Max did you just say I'm someone you love?" He blushes not looking me in the eye.

"Maybe. Well. Yes. Is that bad? Do you not feel the same anymore?" He looked scared at the possibility thatI didn't love him any more. It made me sad that he thought I might not love him anymore. I'm going to mess with him.

"Well Maxon it has been awhile since you broke my heart so I don't know how I feel but I know." I didn't look in his eyes. I heard a sniffle and looked at Maxon he was crying oh no I didn't want him to cry!

"Max I love you too I was joking. Obviously that wasn't funny. I won't joke anymore!" I feel really bad now man.

"It's okay Mer I was just so scared that I wouldn't have you at he end of this." I could tell he wasn't going to give any other girl a chance. I need to make sure I'm not just a default for him.

"Max maybe you should give everyone an equal chance not just plan to be with me but you know look around too?"

"Mer do you not want to be with me anymore did I ruin us three years ago? We just confessed we have the same feelings. Why would I go after different girls when my soul mate is right in front of me?"

"Maxon I know you want me and I want you. I just don't want to get you because you didn't give anyone else a chance."

"Fine I will give the others a chance. But just know that I will love you forever and I will never find someone else that I love as much as you."

"I will keep that in mind" I look up at the clock in the room and it is 22:00 hours.

"Max its late we should get to sleep."

"Okay I'll make a bed out of the blankets" he says go over to the shelves with blankets and pillows. We fell asleep that night in each other's arms. I fell asleep to Max's breathing.

That's it 😁