Never Apart Again[Edited]

America
He's gone. What will happen to my family without him? How will we survive? He was he main money maker n. Our family, he was the one who worked extra shifts when we needed food. Now he is gone and I... have... to... leave... in... the... morning.

"Maxon are you positive we can't stay one more day?" I whisper

"My dear if you want to stay one more day you can I just can't stay with you. Or do you not want to come back at all?" He
looked scared. Like he thought I would change my mind about loving him.

"I would like to stay just one more day. I just feel bad you can't stay with me, I don't like to be away from you, but I feel I must stay for one more day. I love you and never wish to be away from you but I feel I must stay with my family a little longer." A tear slid down my cheek and Max wiped it away.

"I love you too my dear. I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning," he kissed me goodbye and went to his assigned room. Mom wouldn't let us share a room. Mom gave Max his own room while I shared with May. Gared shared with Kota and Kenna, James, Astra, and mom shared mom and dads room.

The Next Morning 6am

Maxon

I feel awful that I have to go but father is quite adamant that I come home. I don't want to leave my America. But I must say goodbye, but I don't want to wake her up. But I must, I sneak in to America's room and try not to wake up May.

"Mer, I need to go I'll see you when you get back to the palace,"

"Bye Max I'll miss you. See you when I get home." Then she went back to sleep. But as I left I realized she called the palace her home and I hadn't even said I loved her before I left.

America

As I went back to sleep I thought about home, how this wasn't home anymore without dad. My home now was where Max was. I fell asleep to that thought.

When I woke up all I did was miss my dad and Maxon. When Max was here I didn't think about my dad. Now that he was gone I had no one to distract me.

I mean there was May and Gerad but they were grieving too.

I just missed them Maxon and my dad. My dad because I was never going to see him again. And Maxon because I love him and just want to be near him. But I need to stop thinking about him. He didn't even say he loved me when he left but I know he does I can feel it.

Back at the palace Maxon

I just want to call her and see how she's holding up. I know it sounds very sexist that I think she needs me, but I need her too. I miss her so much.

I think when she gets back I'll propose right away.

I love her too much to wait any longer. Once she gets here I'll pull her aside and take her to a private place and ask her to marry me. I have to give her a gift with the proposal so I am going to get her family a house closer to the palace since Carolina is so far away. Maybe I'll buy them their old house from when they lived here.

America back at the palace

I miss my dad.

I missed Maxon.

But it wasn't the same type of miss. For my dad it was a sadness and for Max it was more of an ache that I wasn't near him but I could be.

When I got back to the palace I went straight to my room. While I was walking up to my room I was stoped by a guard who told me I was needed somewhere and told me to follow him.

I followed him in to the gardens which was weird in its self but when I saw Max looking nervous in front of the bench where we met. I was confused.

"Max what's going on?"

"Mer, you are my everything. You are my light in a world of darkness. You are my good in a world of bad. You are my everything when I have nothing. And you are the love of my life. I can't imagine a day without you and I never want to experience that. This is where I belong. Next to you. And I don't want that to change." He took a deep breath and got onto one knee. My eyes widened. "America Rose Singer, will you marry me?" He looked very nervous like I would say no but I want this so much. I realize that I've been thinking a long time a and should answer him.

"Maxon, Max, of course I'll marry you I love you,"

(This is the ring (Couldn't find a gold band))

"Really?"

"Yeah I wouldn't lie about marrying the love of my life."

Sorry for the short chapter I'm just trying get them out. I don't have as much time anymore schools picking up. By all I'll try to update soon Thanks readers😘