Nightmares

Thanks, misty_apple for recommending!!

Ok this one might be a little more complicated. I'm going to have practically two stories in one chapter. First one is when you have a nightmare, second is when he does. Here we go!!

Todoroki's POV

I woke up to YN squirming and mumbling. "YN?" I asked. She didn't respond and continued. "YN! Baby! Wake up!" I said. I shook her arm and she sat up in a snap. "What's wrong?!" I asked. She didn't say anything. She looked at me and hugged me, crying into my bare chest. "Baby....it's ok. It was just a dream." I said, rubbing her back.

"I-It felt so...real." She said, wiping her final tears. "I know. Let's go to the kitchen and get you some water and a snack." I said. She nodded and walked with me, holding my hand.

I got a glass of water set for her and one for me and cut an apple in half, one half for her and one for me. I sat down and invited her to sit close to me. She took a bite of her apple, head on my shoulder, as I played with her hair. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. She shook her head. "Ok. That's just fine, babe." I said. She sighed as the staggered breathing calmed.

We finished our little midnight snack and went back to bed. I let her crawl into my arms, holding her tight. "I'll protect you from all of the nightmares, ok?" I said, placing a kiss on the top of her head. She nodded and brought her head closer to my chest.

"Thank you." She said. I kissed her forehead again and let her fall back asleep for a bit before I fell asleep as well.

This is when he has one!!

YN's POV

I sat up as I felt a kick to my shin. "Hm..?" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes as I was still half asleep. The kick came once again as I heard a grunt. "Babe?" I asked. He shot up, panting and sweat dripping onto his bare chest. He snapped his head to face me, eyes widening. "Thank goodness." He cried.

He barely ever cried, meaning something was DEFINITELY wrong. "Baby, what's wrong?" I asked, rubbing my fingers through his messy bicolored hair. He shook his head as he continued to weep. I brought myself further into the tight embrace.

As he began to calm down, he wiped the final tears away. "Can you tell me what's going on? I wanna help." I said. "I had a nightmare. I don't usually react to them but this one was so....real." He said, still almost spaced out. "Just breathe, babe." I said. He put his forehead on my shoulder and sighed. "I'm so glad you're right here, YN LN." He said.

He explained the dream to me. He broke into tears, as did I. Basically, I had gotten a very deadly disease and there was a way for someone to take it instead. But, death would be more likely for the new vessel than it already was. Todoroki decided to take it away. During the transfer, I died and then after it was done, he did as well.

We sat in bed, forehead to forehead, for about an hour. Every now and then, Todoroki would slip in a kiss, saying how much he loved me after.

We eventually fell asleep in each other's arms.

No more nightmares as long as we held onto each other for protection.

Word count: 597

Hey!! I know it was short but I don't have many nightmares so I wasn't sure how to do this one. Anyway, hope you enjoyed!!