He Protects Her 2

Barbara and Lance

I'm out on another night patrol through the academy. I know it sounds exhausting, but it's all part of the job as a Disciplinary Committee Member.

Everything seems to be in order so far, but that was until I spot something, which is part of the reason why we have these night patrols. I sigh in disapproval and annoyance at the sight I see. Two human students, both girls, are standing outside of the forest furries dorm gate. One is standing on top of the other girl's shoulders, trying to climb the wall.

"Seriously?" I whispered to myself, shaking my head.

So, doing my job, I walk over to them and put a stop to their plans. I clear my throat very loudly and both girls gasp in surprise, then the girl on top falls to the ground with the bottom girl tumbling with her. Both girls groan in pain and look up at me.

"And just what are you two doing out here so late?" I question them with a stern voice.

"We-uh," the first girl trails off, trying to think of a cover-up.

"We were just trying to get Annika's bracelet back," the second girl jumps in, "one of the girls this morning was being mean to us and she took Annika's bracelet and threw it over the wall."

The first girl, Annika, nods her head in agreement. "Yeah, that's right! And we were just trying to climb over the wall so we can get it back."

I raise my brow at them and I see them sweat with nerves. "Really girls?" I question them, "You expect me, Barbara, the Leader of the Disciplinary Committee, to believe that old fib?

Their faces fall and they moan in guilt, "You mean you've already heard that one?" 

I sigh and shake my head at their ignorance, "Honestly I can't tell you how many times I've heard that lie or many other ones," I tell them, "now let's be honest here, you two are here so you can get a hopeful glimpse at the forest furries," I confirm their reason.

They look at each other then back at me and nod their heads. 

"Mm-hm, just as I thought," I hum.

"Well can you blame us, Barbara?" The second girl questions me, "the forest furries are just so cute and gorgeous," she gushes out, "I mean, you can't help but just want to catch a glimpse of them-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it," I interrupt her, not wanting to hear another word, "but that doesn't mean that you two are off the hook, I'm afraid you two will have to come with me to the Headmaster's Office."

At first, they whine in protest but they knew they can't argue with me any further. So the two try to stand up, but Annika stops and yelps in pain, and lowers back down onto her knees.

"Annika, are you okay?" Her friend asks her with worry.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I ask her, rushing to her aid, kneeling beside her.

"My knee hurts a lot," Annika whimpers in pain, tears pricking at the corner of her eyes.

I look down at her knee and see that it's all red and bruised. She must've landed on her knee when she fell off of her friend. 

"Oh no," Her friend whispers.

"That doesn't look good," I said, "we'll have to take you to the school nurse and have that-" But then I was interrupted by the sound of rustling bushes behind me.

I quickly stand up and turn towards the sound, standing in front of the girls in hopes to protect them. The rustling continues until there was an added sound to it. It sounds like something sliding against the ground. Like something being dragged.