They Ask Her Out 3

Jennifer and Jordan

So right now I'm at work, even though today wasn't supposed to be my shift. But one of my co-workers called in sick unexpectedly and my boss called and asked me if I could cover for him. I didn't have anything better to do today so I agreed. I got dressed in my uniform, took a bus to work, and came right over. My boss was very grateful and he promised to give me a raise after this, which is good for me because that means more money.

I'm currently stocking up some candy bars in one of the food booths we have in the food court when I hear a familiar voice behind me.

"Hey there Jen." I turn around and find Jordan standing behind me with his regular ol' smirk.

Ever since Jordan stood up to George for me and then that kiss after I thanked him, I've been feeling a bit different towards Jordan. Like even though I found him hot he was still irritating. But now not only do I still find him hot but I'm also finding him caring and understanding. He's still a bit irritating though I won't deny that, he's starting to become less and less irritating.  

"Hey Jordan," I greet him back but go back to stock the candy bars. 

"So what's my favorite girl up to today?" Jordan asks, leaning against the counter with his right hand while his left was placed on his hip.

"Stocking up the candy bars," I say, placing the last Hershey Bar in its place.

"That's cool but there's something that I wanna ask you," Jordan draws out. 

I turn around and face him, "What?"

Jordan smirks and asks me out of nowhere, "How would you like to go on a date with me this Friday night?"

My eyes widen in shock at his question. Jordan seemed amused with my reaction. 

"What? Too unexpecting?" He questions. 

"Uh, very unexpecting," I say, leaning away from the counter. 

"Well that's just who I am baby, I'm an unexpecting guy," Jordan grunts a little cause he stretches out, showing himself off. 

I roll my eyes at his antics and said, "You mean besides being irritating and a nuisance."

Jordan rears back and hisses in fake pain, showing his sharp teeth. "Oh, dang baby! That stung!"

Then Jordan shakes it off and leans against the counter again, "But seriously, there's gonna be a Drive-In Theatre at the beach on Friday night and almost half the town is going. And I didn't want to go alone so I thought why not ask my favorite girl if she would like to be my date."

At first, I would have said no and told him to buzz off. But now I think in my head that I do kind of owe him for what he did for me. Plus going to a Drive-In Theatre at the beach does sound pretty cool. And also I've got nothing better to do on Friday so why not.

"Sure, I'll go," I tell him. 

But Jordan didn't seem to hear what I said cause he chuckles and says, "Now Jen I'm not gonna give up so easily. I mean even if it'll take me all day and half the week to get you to say-" then he stops and looks at me with a surprised look, "wait what did you say?"

I chuckle silently and say again, "I said yes, I'll go out with you."

"Really?" He questions, raising his brow. 

I nod my head, "Yeah, I mean it, not joking around."

"Huh," Jordan mutters, scratching his head with his hand, "that was easier than I thought it would be."