First Date; Patricia and Damien

Patricia's POV:

Today's Friday, which means tonight is my date with Damien.

Oh, I am so nervous! This will be my first date ever!

I asked my sister for some advice yesterday, well actually, when I told her about my date she freaked out over the phone, came driving to my apartment, dragged me out of there, and took me to the mall where we shopped for a new outfit for me. When she finally calmed down I asked her for the advice I was seeking. 

She told me about her first date back when we were in high school. She went out with Tyler, the quarterback of the football team, who was also human. And they went to the movies for their first date. She said that they had a good time, the movie was great, the popcorn was delicious, as it usually is. She even told me how Tyler tried to pull some cliche moves on her. Like the arm around the shoulder trick, trying to use some ridiculous pick-up lines, he even tried to kiss her after he dropped her home but she stopped him and told him that she wasn't the kind of girl who kisses someone on the first date. She laughed when she remembered the look on his face when she rejected to kiss him, which made me laugh too.  

Anyway, she told me that I should just be myself and have fun. And if Damien doesn't try and do anything to me that I don't want him to do, then he's a keeper. 

We picked a lovely outfit for me (located in Date Outfits) and shopped for other stuff. 

And now tonight is the night of my first date. 

I finish straightening my hair and turn off the straightener. I check myself in the mirror to make sure that I look good. But then I start wondering about my glasses. I mean, I can't see entirely well without them, but I was unsure if they look good with my outfit. I took them off but instantly regret it cause now I can't see. As I look in the mirror I see nothing but a blur. So I put my glasses back on and my vision clears up again. 

I sigh in defeat and just decide to go with it. I don't have eye contact cause they irritate my eyes so much and they would start watering like crazy. Well, hopefully, Damien will think I look good with my glasses. 

Speaking of the devil, my doorbell goes off meaning Damien is here. I grab the new travel wallet that I also bought at the mall and stuck it in my back pocket and head for the door. Before I opened the door, I adjust my clothes real quick, making sure there were no wrinkles or smudges, and then I unlock the door and open it. And there stood Damien. He was dressed in a white t-shirt and black loose cargo pants, thankfully the black belt he was wearing helped keep the pants up. 

Damien's eyes widen as they set sight on me. I grew nervous and look at myself to find out what's wrong. But I see nothing though. 

"What?" I question him. 

Damien snaps out of his trance and shakes his head, "Uh-sorry, it's just....you look incredible."

I felt a blush rise into my cheeks and look away bashfully. "Really?"

"Yeah, although," Damien says as he reaches for my hand and pulls me away from the door, "you've always looked beautiful to me."

He locks the door and closes it behind me and guides me to the stairs. 

"I'm surprised you decided to use the front door instead of the balcony," I remind him of his usual entrances. 

Damien shrugs his shoulders and says, "Well I thought I should act like a gentleman today."

Hearing that surprised me a bit, but then again, Damien is always full of surprises. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------