They Ask Her Out 2

Barbara and Lance

It's lunchtime now and the lunchroom is buzzing with noise. Students talking and laughing, shouts and yells being thrown across the room, and the sound of forks and spoons clinking against their plates. Everything was pretty much the same as usual. 

Except for me, however. 

See, ever since that kiss with Lance, there has been a lot on my mind lately. For starters, does Lance has feelings for me as I do? Did he kiss me because he wanted to or did he kiss me so that I wouldn't pester him about my debt to him? UGH!! I'm so confused!

I sigh and lean my head back against the wall, closing my eyes. The scene of our kiss keeps playing over and over again in my mind. And it's making me lose focus I can't be able to concentrate. 

And what's really puzzling me is that before he kissed me, Lance told me that he had a way for me to pay my debt to him, but this payment was going to last for an eternity. What does that even mean?

"Barbara." I open my eyes and turn to my right and see the cougar twins, Samuel and Samantha.

"Oh, hi Samuel, Samantha," I greet them both and push myself away from the wall, "is there something I can do for you two?" I ask them. 

Samantha shakes her head and says, "No, but Lance wishes to see you. He says to meet him at your little 'special spot'."

My eyes widen a little in surprise. But I didn't question her about it and just make my way to that said spot. 

See, what Samantha meant by 'special spot' is the spot where Lance liked to take me back when I first came to this academy and when I was still recovering from my wolf attack. There at that spot, he told me everything he knew about the woods, and he also told me stories about the adventures' he's had in the woods when he was younger. 

Like the time when he told me the story of how he and his dad took a hike in the woods and up the mountains and there they found a magnificent mountain pond. I imagined what it must look like in my head and I said aloud I wish that I could see it in person one day. Lance said he would take me there one day, and he did. He took me there during Spring Break 2 years ago and it was exactly how I imagined it. It was so beautiful, I almost didn't want to leave. 

Apparently, I didn't realize that looking back on my memories has made the way to Lance and the spot go by fast. Cause when I looked up I found Lance standing underneath the shade of a large pine tree just staring out into the silent forest. I stopped in my tracks and just stood behind another tree watching him. I know that makes me sound creepy but I couldn't help myself. He just looked so handsome and beautiful standing there. 

He looked so powerful and strong like a tree itself, giving protection and shelter to all those in need. That's one of the things that makes Lance so special. He's one with the forest just as it is one with him. I remember reading in class that deer have been known to be protectors of the woods for thousands of years, even before the furries were born. And that's exactly what Lance is to me, a protector, my protector. 

Just then Lance turns his yellow eyes towards me and smiles. "You just going to stand there and stare at me all day or are you going to come join me?" He questions me with an amused voice. 

My eyes widen and my cheeks flare up with red hot embarrassment. I clear my throat and try to straighten myself out and make my way over to him. I kept my eyes down because I didn't want him to see how embarrassed I look. Although with him I'm sure he can already tell. 

I take my place next to him and keep my eyes down to the grass. It was silent between us at first until Lance chuckled in amusement. 

"What?" I question him.