He Gets Jealous Over Another Guy 4

Susan and Ray

Susan's POV:

Today my boss is having me work at the register. He thought that I was ready to work with people today and it actually wasn't that bad. I just scan the customer's items, tell them their charge, take the money, put it in the register, place their items in a bag, give them their receipt, and wish them a good day.  

I finish with a customer and call for the next one. The next customer was a blonde human guy who looks to be a jock because he's wearing a school jacket, blue jeans, and white and red running sneakers. 

"Hello," I greet the customer as I scan his CDs, "you find everything okay?" I ask. 

The customer smirks and answers, "Yes I believe I have."

His smirk was making me feel uncomfortable so I avert my eyes from him and continue to scan his CDs. 

"You know, I'm buying these CDs for a party I'm throwing," The customer tells me as he pulls out his card and pays for his purchase.

"Is that so?" I say as I put his CDs in a plastic bag and put his receipt in there too, along with a coupon.

"Yeah, my parents are out of town so this gives me the perfect opportunity to throw a party, and you can't throw a party without some music," He points out, taking the plastic bag from me. 

I nod my head, kind of agreeing with him, cause you really can't throw a party without music, "That is true." 

The customer nods and then offers, "So I was also wondering, would you like to come to my party?"

Yeah, that's obviously not going to happen. If I go to a party, I'll feel so nervous being surrounded by all those people, I might even end up throwing up. Plus I don't even know this guy or the people that he's inviting. 

"Uh, I think I'll pass," I politely decline his offer, hoping he gets the message. 

But obviously, he doesn't, cause he looks shocked that I refused his offer but he shakes it off and changes his look back to the smug one. 

"You sure? There will be drinks and snacks and everyone at my school is gonna be there, even the nerds," He tries to change my mind. 

What he doesn't know is that I already know what goes on at a high school party, everyone's gonna be acting crazy and probably get drunk with alcohol. And that is not my kind of party. 

"No thanks, I'm not the party type," I decline again, really hoping that he gets the point. But he's obviously still not getting it. 

"But-" He was to say but he was interrupted by someone behind him. 

"Hey, dude," we both look and see it's the same fox from a few days ago, he looks mad and I swear I see jealousy too, "you're holding up the line," he points at the line behind him, in which he was right, there is a line, but only a short one. But working up here at the register I see how fast small lines can turn into long ones. 

"Oh," The customer mutters and then he turns back to me, "well when you change your mind, you let me know sweetheart." Then he winks at me and walks off. 

My body shakes and shivers after he finally leaves. Just thinking about going to that party makes me feel queasy. But I quickly put that thought aside and help the fox. 

Ray's POV:

I cannot believe that jock! He was trying to ask Susan to go to a party he's throwing, and even though she declined his offer two times he still tried to get her to change her mind! That jock just wouldn't leave her alone, no matter how many times she said no!