Jordan: The Popular Shark

Jennifer's POV:

Hey. 

My name is Jennifer Toller, but I prefer people to call me Jen. I'm originally from the city but my family, without even consulting me about it, have decided to have us move to the beach. I didn't want to move away from my home where I've lived most of my life, but my so-called stepdad said that it would do good for us to live in a new place and that it would help us become closer as a family. 

Pff, yeah right. We weren't even close before he and his daughter married into my family. 

My stepdad, George, is such a controlling know it all and my stepsister, Allison, is such a snotty brat. They both think that they can say or do whatever they want and no one can ever stop them. 

I keep on waiting for the day I can move away from them and live in the city, where I was always happy. Like I used to with my dad when he was still alive. Yeah, I lost my dad when I was 13. He was in a terrible car accident and he died due to blood loss and too many injuries that were beyond repair and there was nothing the doctors could have done to help him. My heart broke into a tiny bunch of little pieces and it has never healed since.

My mom was just as broken, she wouldn't get out of the house for months. She spent most of her time staying in our apartment, looking at photos and videos of dad on her phone, crying her eyes out on one of her favorite pillows, she was a wreck without dad. Then after a year since my dad died, her friends tried to get her to go out and try to meet some new guys. I didn't like the idea of her finding some new guy. But of course, she went and found George. She thought he was a real charmer and a gentleman, but I can see through that act. And then he introduced us to  Allison, who is the most annoying and selfish girl I've ever known. 

Mom and George then got married a few months after dating, which was the worst day of my life. And they've been married for 3 years now. And now we're moving to the place where George and Allison always had their summer vacations. But instead of going on a vacation there, we're gonna be living there. 

We made it to our new home, which was a white and blue, two-story beach house with a back porch that has a pathway which leads to the beach. And at first I wanted to just lay in bed and maybe take a nap, and maybe hope that this was all just a dream. But instead, Allison said that she was going to the beach to hang out with her friends and then George insisted on taking me with her. She and I were against the idea at first but then George bribed Allison by raising her allowance and mom got on my back about how good it would be for me to spend time with Allison and to meet some new people and make new friends. 

I rolled my eyes at her and sighed in annoyance then went upstairs and changed into my swimsuit, which was a whole bodysuit with black and purple swimming trunks for girls. I packed up some things that I knew I would need on the beach, my favorite book, sunscreen, my black-framed sunglasses, and a white beach chair that I found in the storage closet.