Lance: The School President

Barbara's POV:

Hello!

Hello!

My name is Barbara Goulder. I'm a student here at the Red Forest Academy. And I'm apart of a team called The Disciplinary Committee. It's my job to make sure that students behave and follow all necessary rules, and if they fail to do so I have no choice but to take them to the Principal's office. 

Yeah, I know that makes me sound like a lame and boring killjoy, but I'll have you know that my job is a pretty important one. Especially for the furries. 

Yes, furries also attend this school. Most of them are male and are quite handsome woodland furries. And the girls here go completely bonkers over them. So crazy that most of them would even wait outside their dorm gate so they could see them. And so it's mine and my team's job to keep them at bay so the furries can get to class peacefully without any interruptions. 

And that's where I am right now. Trying to keep these crazy screaming girls back and away from the gate of the furries dorm. My team members are in different spots, trying to keep the crowd back too. They're yelling at the girls to stay back, but of course, the girls don't listen. They're too busy trying to get past the Disciplinary Committee so they can see the furry students'. 

Any minute now, the gates to the furries dorm are going to open and the furry students' will be coming out soon to head to class.

"Alright team, be ready for a great big impact! The gate doors are about to open any second now!" I shout to my team. 

And I was right, the gate doors open wide, and out comes the furry students. The girls start screaming and squealing very loudly, which is very normal. Makes me wish that I had earplugs so I could block that awful noise. 

The furries walk down the stone path and make their way through, heading for the school. 

"Anthony!! Over Here!!" One of the girls screams at one of the furry students. 

Anthony, who is a gloating, attention-seeking buck, turns to that screaming girl and gives her a wink and a teeth shining smile. Which makes the girls scream louder, some even faint. 

Some of the furries, like Anthony, don't mind all this attention from these girls. While some, like Barnabus the grizzly bear, for example, hates it. Every time he sees these girls, screaming and yelling for them to look at them, he rolls his eyes and growls in annoyance. And then some just don't pay any attention to it at all. Like-

I yelp as I fall to the stone path floor because more girls try to shove their way past me. I grunt in pain as my right elbow hits on the hard stones. Groaning in pain, I sit up on my knees and rub my elbow, feeling it throb in pain. And I turn to the girls behind me and glare at them in hate and annoyance. Those who had a part of it coward away in fear and guilt.  

Ugh! I swear sometimes I just want to punch these girls so hard, especially in the eyes so that way they will swell shut and they won't have to look at the furries anymore and create so much stress for me. 

"Are you okay Barbara?" A soft gentle, yet slightly deep and husky male voice asks me. 

I turn and see Lance, the school president of the furry students, kneeling on one knee in front of me and staring straight into my green eyes. I freeze right then and there as I stare into his yellow eyes. 

Lance and I have a little history. See, five years ago, when I ran away from the orphanage I was kept in my whole life, I ran into a wolf furry who came down with a horrible case of the rabies. The wolf was no longer himself, he was nothing but a vicious wild animal who was out of control and on the hunt, looking for anything that moves for him to kill. And I was right there in his path and sight. 

I remember how loud his growls were. The way his muscles were twitching with eager, and the way his red bloodthirsty eyes were looking at me. It was almost like he was the devil staring right into my soul, ready to devour it. 

And then, right before I could blink, he charged right for me. I couldn't move at all, I was frozen in fear. But I did however scream and closed my eyes, waiting for his sharp canine teeth to tear into my flesh. But thankfully my screams were heard. Because right before the wolf could pounce and kill me, Lance leaped into the scene and fought the wolf. I opened my eyes and watched as Lance battled the wolf, protecting me. He used his fists, hooves, and even his antlers to fight the wolf. And Lance also made sure to avoid getting bitten. 

Finally, the Sheriff arrived and shot at the wolf, putting him out of his misery for good. Lance and the Sheriff talked for a little bit while I was still standing in the same spot. But then Lance came into my vision and he showed me nothing but kindness and concern. He smiled at me and offered me his hand. And without any hesitation, I placed my hand into his and Lance pulled me into his arms and held me close. I felt so safe being in his arms. 

Then Lance took me to the academy and introduced me to the principal and told him what happened. The principal asked me what my story was and I told him everything, about how I ran off from the orphanage because I couldn't stand being there anymore, and then how I ran into the wolf and Lance came in and saved me. The principal showed me sympathy and he offered me a scholarship here at the academy and a place to stay. I was very grateful and accepted right away. And then later, about a month I believe, I learned about the Disciplinary Committee Team and asked the principal if I could join. He said yes and I was on the team. Then 3 years later I ended up becoming the captain of the team. I felt so accomplished and proud of myself. 

But to be honest, the real reason I joined the team was because of Lance. I owed him a lot and I wanted to find some way to repay for what he did for me. And when I found out about the team and what they do, I thought this would be the perfect way to repay Lance. Protecting him from all these crazy girls like how he protected me from that wolf. 

I snap out of my little daze and finally answer Lance. "Oh yeah, I'm fine," I say and stand up on my own, dusting the dirt off my skirt. "Nothing I can't handle," I added as Lance stands up on his two hooves too. 

Lance chuckles, "If you say so." 

Every day I always look forward to hearing Lance's voice, to see him smile, and to have his kind eyes looking at me. 

"Lance!" We both turn and see Barnabus and the other furries staring at us. "You comin' or what?" Barnabus asks Lance, wanting to get away from the screaming girls as fast as possible. 

"Alright I'm coming," Lance says and sighs through his nose, then he turns his attention back to me and smiles. "I hope to see you class Barbara." 

I hope the warmth I'm feeling on my face isn't showing. "Uh yeah, same to you," I say and smile back at him. 

Lance nods his head and turns around walking over to the other furries and walks along with them, heading to the school. I raise my hands to my chest cause I feel my heart thumping against the skin of my chest. And my heart's beats were the only thing I heard, everything else around me was quiet. 

Well, only for a moment.

"YOU ALL NEED TO GEt TO CLASS RIGHT NOW!!" Jeremy, one of the Disciplinary Committee members, yells at the girls'. 

All the girls scream in terror and start running away, leaving me and the Disciplinary Committee here in front of the Furry Dorm gates.