Second Meeting

Mary and Terrance

Mary's POV:

We had a case today, a dead body was found in a maze of ally ways early this morning. It was a human guy in his mid-twenties. I got there and I studied the body. From what I found so far was that he died of a broken neck. And it was in an angle that signified that he was intentionally murdered. 

I was studying what I found in one of his pockets when I heard a familiar voice join the scene. I turned and saw Terrance entering the scene. He was making his way towards me, probably to ask me some questions. 

"Good morning Terrance," I greet him with a smile. 

Terrance removes his sunglass and gives me a little smile in return. "Morning Mary." 

I'm liking the way he says my name with that voice of his. 

Terrance clears his throat and gestures at the body that was now being lifted into a body bag. "So what do we got here?" He questions me. 

"A young male," I list him, "somewhere in his mid-twenties, about 6 ft 1. So pretty much under your chin," I glance and see Terrance smile at my little joke. 

"And the cause of death?" He asks. 

"Someone broke his neck," I answer.

"How can you tell it was done by a person?" He asks me, his face filled with curiosity. 

"Because his neck is at a certain angle that only a person can do," I explain gesturing with my hands on how I would break a neck. 

"I see," Terrance hums and rubs his chin, "and time of death." 

"Well considering that he was found like this early in the morning and the change in temperature of his body I'd have to say he was probably killed around 11 to midnight," I answer. 

Terrance hums as he examines the body. "Anything else that you found?"

"I did," I said then lead him to the evidence we found. "And I think I found out part of the motive on why he was killed," I added as I reached for the evidence I found. 

"Really?" Terrance sounded interested. "What's that?" 

I turn around and show him. "This." I show Terrance a small ziplock bag filled with a white crystal drug. 

Terrance's eyes narrow in hatred as he laid eyes on the drug. He grabs a rubber glove from the cart beside us and puts it on and takes the drug from me. He inspects the drug then leans in to sniff it. 

"Heroine." He growls at the drug. 

I nod my head and take the drug from him and put it back in the evidence box. "I'm guessing that this guy was either a drug dealer or a drug buyer. Either he was killed by an unhappy customer, or he was killed by the drug dealer himself." 

Terrance hums in thought and turns to look at the body. "Very possible." He mutters. 

Patricia and Damien

Patricia's POV:

After a long day of working in class, I was finally able to go home. I packed up all my stuff and walked out of the school building, got in my car, and drove home. Thankfully the traffic wasn't so bad today so I was able to get home faster than I normally did. 

I parked my car in my assigned spot, got out of my car with my stuff, and walk to my apartment. My feet ached as I walked up the stairs. I was so ready to sit down and let my feet rest. I finally make it to my floor and make my way to my door. I reach into my purse and pull out my keys and unlock the door. I make it inside, set my purse and bag on the chair next to the door, make my way to my couch, and finally sit down, sighing in relief. My entire body was aching in pain, what I wouldn't give to soak in a hot bath filled with soap bubbles. But unfortunately, I can't do that tonight because I still need to plan for my next assignment in class.